Barney's Christmas Star is a direct-to-video Christmas special spun off from the PBS television series Barney and Friends.
Christmas is fast approaching, so Barney and the children are quite excited. They help decorate the caboose for the holidays and build a "thinking" snowman in the park. Then they visit a tree planted by Beth's great-great-grandfather that's now the prettiest, oldest one in the park. Her grandmother is in charge of decorating the tree for Christmas this year, and everyone is shocked to find that the large star to adorn the top is missing! Grammy suggests it's up in her attic and dispatches Barney and the children there to find it. Fun and playful mayhem ensue, with constant distractions from the search by various and sundry dusty "treasures" encountered. The kids, Baby Bop, and B.J. discover--and become--old-fashioned toys. All dictate a musical letter to Santa, typed on an old fashioned typewriter. When an ancient library is discovered, Barney reads Twas The Night Before Christmas to the group. The elusive star finally reveals itself, with some urging from the group. Barney and the children arrive back at the tree in time for the lighting ceremony. But the king conifer's grown too tall for its peak to be reached from a ladder! Barney magic ensures the proper placement of the star, and everyone is soon well on their way to a very merry Christmas season!
- Baby Bop
- Darnell (only appearance)
- Kevin (only appearance)
- Granny Phillips (only appearance)
- Grandpa Phillips (only appearance)
- Gianna (cameo and uncredited)
- "Barney Theme Song"
- "Deck the Halls"
- "Christmas Medley" ("I Love the Holidays", "O Little Town of Bethlehem", "The Dreidel Song", "Habari Gani", and "I Love the Holidays (Reprise)")
- "It's Snowing!"
- "O Christmas Tree"
- "Over the River and Through the Woods"
- "Just Imagine"
- "March of the Toys"
- "We're Writing A Letter to Santa"
- "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star"
- "Jingle Bells"
- "We Wish You a Merry Christmas"
- "I Love You"