Chip 'n' Dale are a pair of rascally chipmunks who star in cartoons and comics produced by The Walt Disney Company. First appearing without names in the 1943 animated short Private Pluto, they went on to become recurring adversaries for Donald Duck and sometimes Pluto (and even Mickey Mouse on at least one occasion), including starring in a few Christmas cartoons with them. Originally designed as two identical chipmunks, the pair later became distinguishable in that Chip is the more serious one with a black nose, while Dale is the sillier one who has buck teeth and a red nose. In 1989, they also starred in their own animated television series, Chip 'n' Dale Rescue Rangers, though it never had a Christmas episode (however, a Chip 'n' Dale Rescue Rangers comic story set at Christmastime was published in the magazine Disney Adventures).
Appearances in Christmas specials
- Toy Tinkers
- Pluto's Christmas Tree
- Mickey's Christmas Carol - Chip and Dale make a very brief cameo dancing at Fezziwig's Christmas party.
Television specials and episodes
- From All of Us to All of You
- A Magic Kingdom Yuletide Special
- Disney's Christmas Fantasy on Ice
- Mickey's Nutcracker
- "Mickey's Mixed Nuts"
- "Mickey's Christmas Chaos"
- Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas
- Mickey's Magical Christmas: Snowed in at the House of Mouse - The chipmunks make a brief cameo in this direct-to-video spin-off of Disney's House of Mouse. Right after Pluto's Christmas Tree is shown, Chip and Dale pop out of a small artificial tree and catch Pluto's attention. Pluto starts barking at them, but, in a reprise of the closing gag from the preceding short, they slap a "Do not open till Christmas" sticker over his mouth.