Christmas Special is the Christmas special of Uncle Grandpa.
After he gets into a fit of rage over Christmas, Uncle Grandpa and the rest land into the workshop of Santa Claus, who is unable to deliver presents after breaking his leg. He and Uncle Grandpa brawl and reveal that they are brothers, currently in a spat over a hip-hop performance in the past gone awry. When the elves panic over who will deliver the presents to the children, Pizza Steve suggests that they volunteer to deliver presents, to which Uncle Grandpa reluctantly agrees. After a couple of unsuccessful attempts at doing so, they reach the third house, the residence of a "naughty" Sally Smith, who locks Uncle Grandpa up in a cage with the rest of the holiday characters.
Because Uncle Grandpa vows not to listen to his brother, Santa raps out the instructions in order to escape from the cell. Uncle Grandpa follows through, but not before being caught by Sally, who recognizes who he really is. When she asks how he escaped, he credits the "influential power of hip hop", which causes her to have a change of heart, and so she frees the rest of the holiday characters. While it takes Santa until spring to deliver the rest of the presents, he and Uncle Grandpa finally reconcile.
After ruining Christmas Eve dinner for everybody, Uncle Grandpa feels unwanted and wishes to propel himself into outer space. A galactic guardian named Lawrence manifests itself into the form of a lobster and shows Uncle Grandpa a parallel universe where he does not exist: Frankenstein is captured by an angry mob; Giant Realistic Flying Tiger has a job as a mascot; Belly Bag is in the dresser of a teenage girl; Pizza Steve is a waiter at a seafood restaurant; and Mr. Gus works as a janitor at a museum. Uncle Grandpa realizes that he must stay and apologizes to his friends, who accept his apology and have already placed an order for chicken wings.
|Pete Browngardt||Uncle Grandpa|
|Eric Bauza||Belly Bag|
|Adam Devine||Pizza Steve|
|Kevin Michael Richardson||Mr. Gus|
|Bob Joles||Santa Claus|
|Grey DeLisle||Sally Smith|
- This is the second holiday special, the first being Haunted RV.
- Its revealed that Uncle Grandpa and Santa are brothers as they share a striking resemblance.
- Uncle Grandpa states that Santa is a crazy person and that he's a creepy old man who flies around the world, breaking into children's homes and claiming to make them "happy". The same could be said about Uncle Grandpa.
- Pizza Steve pulls out a doll from a present that resembles a Raggedy Ann doll.
- Uncle Grandpa hates Christmas because he believes that it was Santa's fault they messed up their talent routine in 1983.
- The "My Chum Charlie" doll is a reference to the Movie "Chucky".
- When the guy's entered Timmy's house, the music playing sounded like "Sugar Plum Fairy" by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky from the "Nutcracker".
- Uncle Grandpa's eye hands could reference "Pan's Labyrinth".
- Uncle Grandpa's moral for the episode is "In order to move forward as a person, you have to let go of the past".
- This episode is a 22-minute special that is split up into two different stories, similar to regular episodes with two 11-minute pairs. However, the stories are not in even times, the first one being around 14 minutes long and the other being around 7 minutes.
- Snow Buddy from the intermission is a reference to Frosty the Snowman.
- In the second part, there's a Hanukkah Menorah, despite it being Christmas.
- When Uncle Grandpa is on the bridge in part two, it could reference the scene of "It's a wonderful life", another Christmas Special where George Bailey shouts out "I want to live again".
- Another reference to "It's a Wonderful Life", when Belly Bag states that "Every time that bell rings Pizza Steve gets his wings", the real quote from the movie is "Every time a bell rings an Angel get's his wings".
- The song "Auld Lang Syne" begins to play when Belly Bag says this.
- Lawrence broke the fourth wall when he said "Sure, I like his show, why not!"
- Lawrence showing Uncle Grandpa the world where he didn't exist is a reference to "A Christmas Carol".
- The Nameless Girl with Blue Dress has a poster of English Muffinz in her room.
- Uncle Grandpa visits Captain Blowhole's Seafood Restaurant from Treasure Map, the music from that episode can be heard.
- Pizza Steve acts like the waitress from the episode with the same gloomy attitude.
- As a result of the events of this episode, Uncle Grandpa begins celebrating Christmas as he celebrating with his friends it in Secret Santa.
- Lawrence may presumably be deceased at the end of the episode. However, this could be a lobster who looked similar to Lawrence or just his mortal body (Since he lives among the stars).
- Running Gags:
- Uncle Grandpa hearing laughter.
- Uncle Grandpa hating Christmas.
- Everyone gasping when Uncle Grandpa reveals something about him and Santa.
- Uncle Grandpa messing up his dance moves and hitting Santa.
- Santa giving him different dance moves to fight back.
- The guys standing on Santa's cast and bringing him pain.
- The gang causing great damage to people's houses.
- The guys running out of people's houses.
- Lawrence showing Uncle Grandpa different realities of his friends.
- When Pizza Steve's cheese rolls up, his body is 2D flat.
- The Thanksgiving Day Turkey is mouthing the words with the other mascots, all that can be heard from him is gobbles.
- Sally states that she trapped her favorite holiday mascots, Humpty Dumpty, Rapunzel, The Tooth Fairy and Little Red Riding Hood are present while they're mere fairytales and not holiday mascots.
|Cartoon Network Studios|
|"A Space Ghost Christmas" • "George and Junior's Christmas Spectacular" • "Dexter Vs. Santa's Claws" • "Twas the Night" • "Happy Baboon Holidays" • "Fa-La-La-La-Ed" • "A Johnny Bravo Christmas" • The Powerpuff Girls: Twas the Fight Before Christmas • "Christmas Con Carne" • Ed, Edd n Eddy's Jingle Jingle Jangle • "Christmas Evil" • Billy & Mandy Save Christmas • "A Lost Claus" • "Operation: N.A.U.G.H.T.Y." • "Have Yourself a Joyful Little Animas" • "Kamp Kringle" • "Merry Christmas" • "The Class of 3000 Christmas Special" • "Hey, Hey It's Knishmas!" • "Low Tidings" • "Holly Jolly Secrets" • "The Regular Show Christmas Special" • "Christmas" • "Uncle Grandpa Christmas Special" • "Merry Christmas Mordecai" • "Secret Santa" • "Merry Moochmas" • "Christmas Parties" • "Christmas in Space"|