Top 10 Christmas Specials
Wiki Entertainment staff's picks for the top 10 Christmas specials of all time.
Worst Christmas Specials
Wiki Entertainment staff's picks for the worst 10 Christmas specials of all time.
The True Meaning
Read about the true meaning of Christmas, according to Linus van Pelt.
Other Holiday Specials
Visit our sister wiki, the Other Holiday Specials Wiki.
A Miser Brothers' Christmas is a sequel to the classic 1974 television special The Year Without a Santa Claus. This stop-motion animated special was produced by Warner Brothers Television Animation (owners of the post-1973 Rankin/Bass animated special library) and Toronto-based Cuppa Coffee Studios. It premiered as part of ABC Family's 25 Days of Christmas on December 13, 2008, making it the network's first original animated special, and was aired annually on the network through 2015. Mickey Rooney reprised his role of Santa Claus, which originally debuted in the 1970 special Santa Claus is Comin' to Town, while George S. Irving reprised his role as the Heat Miser. Original music was written by William K. Anderson, with the exception of "Snow Miser/Heat Miser", which was written by Maury Laws and Jules Bass for the 1974 special. The story begins when Santa's chief mechanic, Tinsel, makes a new Super-Sleigh, which Santa decides to test the next day. Meanwhile, the feuding Miser Brothers, Heat Miser and Snow Miser, attend their family reunion, where their brother, North Wind, passively asks Mother Nature what might happen if Santa would be unable to complete his duties on Christmas. She responds that North Wind would take control instead. Self-absorbed and vain, North Wind becomes fixated with the idea of replacing Santa Claus as a way to achieve personal glory. (more)
- Frederator Studios, the animation company behind Nickelodeon's The Fairly OddParents and Cartoon Network's Adventure Time, has been acquired by Rainmaker Entertainment and will rebrand as WOW! Unlimited Media.
- Tony Rosato of Saturday Night Live and SCTV fame, who also voiced Luigi in DiC Entertainment's later Super Mario Bros. cartoons, died at the age of 62 on January 10th.
- Carrie Fisher, the actress who played Princess Leia in the original Star Wars films (including the infamous holiday special) died of a heart attack at the age of 60 on December 27th.
- George S. Irving, who voiced Heat Miser in The Year Without a Santa Claus and A Miser Brothers' Christmas, as well as Geppetto in Pinocchio's Christmas, died at the age of 94 on December 26th.
- Ron Glass, the actor who played Ron Harris on Barney Miller and voiced Randy Carmichael (Susie's dad) on Rugrats, died on November 25th at the age of 71.
- Florence Henderson, best known as Carol Brady from The Brady Bunch, tragically died from heart failure at the age of 82 on November 24th.
- Walt Disney Animation Studios is working on Olaf's Frozen Adventure, a new holiday TV special spun off from Frozen, directed by Prep & Landing directors Kevin Deters and Stevie Wermers-Skelton. It will be premiering on ABC in the 2017 holiday season.
- Illumination Entertainment is working on an animated movie adaptation of How the Grinch Stole Christmas! that will be directed by Pete Candeland and will star Benedict Cumberbatch as the voice of the Grinch. It is scheduled for release on November 9, 2018.
Upcoming Video Releases
- Peanuts by Schulz: Snoopy Tales (includes "Christmas is Coming")
- Almost Christmas
- Quantum Leap: The Complete Series (re-release by Mill Creek; includes "A Little Miracle")
- Diff'rent Strokes: The Complete Fifth Season (includes "Santa's Helper")
- Father Knows Best: Season Five ("wide" re-release; includes "Christmas Story")
- That '70s Show: The Complete Series - The Flashback Edition (includes "The Best Christmas Ever", "Hyde's Christmas Rager", "An Eric Forman Christmas", and "Christmas")
Popular Christmas Specials
Popular Christmas Movies