Top 10 Christmas Specials
Wiki Entertainment staff's picks for the top 10 Christmas specials of all time.
Worst Christmas Specials
Wiki Entertainment staff's picks for the worst 10 Christmas specials of all time.
The True Meaning
Read about the true meaning of Christmas, according to Linus van Pelt.
Other Holiday Specials
Visit our sister wiki, the Other Holiday Specials Wiki.
A Goof Troop Christmas: Have Yourself a Goofy Little Christmas is a half-hour Christmas special spun off from the Disney Afternoon animated series Goof Troop. It was originally broadcast as part of a one-hour special in syndication on December 5, 1992, in which it was accompanied by the classic shorts Up a Tree and The Art of Skiing, and a behind-the-scenes look at some of Disney's animated features. It was broadcast as a prime-time special again the next year, this time accompanied by the shorts On Ice, The Hockey Champ, and Toy Tinkers, and later appeared in Christmas marathons on the Disney Channel and Toon Disney until 2009. The special's opening sequence finds Goofy and his son Max setting up their outdoor Christmas decorations, and Goofy is naturally having a hard time doing so. He ends up getting his head stuck in a giant plastic Santa, trips over some of the reindeer decorations, and winds up catapulting the thing across the sky. Pistol, Pete's daughter, comes outside and, seeing Goofy flying through the air, thinks that Santa Claus has come early. (more)
- Stephen Furst died at the age of 62 on June 17th. Known for his roles in Babylon 5 and National Lampoon's Animal House, he also voiced Booster Munchapper on Buzz Lightyear of Star Command (including its Christmas episode) and Fanboy on Freakazoid!, and also played the hospital doctor in National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation 2: Cousin Eddie's Island Adventure.
- TV's Adam West died on June 9th at the age of 88. Best known for having played Batman in the 1966 television series of the same name (a role he reprised for Filmation's The New Adventures of Batman, the last two seasons of Hanna-Barbera's Super Friends series, and last year's direct-to-video film Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders), he also voiced the mayor on Family Guy, a parody version of himself on The Fairly OddParents, Ernest Hemingway's caricature on Histeria!, and the narrator in the Johnny Bravo episode "Twas the Night".
- Tino Insana, the voice of Bushroot from Darkwing Duck and Uncle Ted from Bobby's World, died at the age of 79 on May 31st.
- British actor Roger Moore died at the age of 89 on May 23rd. Best known for having played James Bond from 1973 to 1985, he also appeared as Edward, the Duke of Castlebury in A Princess for Christmas.
- DHX Media has acquired Iconix Brand Group's entertainment brands, including 80% stake of Peanuts Worldwide (the other 20% remains in the ownership of Charles M. Schulz Creative Associates), thus bringing Peanuts under the same corporate umbrella as the Cookie Jar Group and DiC Entertainment libraries.
- Eric Moran, who played Joanie Cunningham on Happy Days and its spin-off Joanie Loves Chachi, died at the age of 56 on April 22nd.
- Walt Disney Animation Studios is working on Olaf's Frozen Adventure, a new holiday TV special spun off from Frozen, directed by Prep & Landing directors Kevin Deters and Stevie Wermers-Skelton. It will be premiering in theaters with Coco on November 22, 2017.
- Illumination Entertainment is working on an animated movie adaptation of How the Grinch Stole Christmas! that will be directed by Pete Candeland and will star Benedict Cumberbatch as the voice of the Grinch. It is scheduled for release on November 9, 2018.
Upcoming Video Releases
Popular Christmas Specials
Popular Christmas Movies