Christmas in July
Beat the summer heat with these s'winter-themed Christmas classics!
Top 10 Christmas Specials
Wiki Entertainment staff's picks for the top 10 Christmas specials of all time.
Worst Christmas Specials
Wiki Entertainment staff's picks for the worst 10 Christmas specials of all time.
The True Meaning
Read about the true meaning of Christmas, according to Linus van Pelt.
"In Arms Way" is a Christmas-themed segment from the tenth episode of the Warner Bros. animated television series Steven Spielberg presents Freakazoid! The episode featuring the segment was originally broadcast on Kids' WB! on December 16, 1995. The segment begins on Christmas Eve with Freakazoid busy trying to do his Christmas shopping, having unfortunately waited until the last minute to do so. While Freakazoid is out looking for presents for his friends and family, a nearby coffee shop receives a sudden visit from Arms Akimbo, a mobster whose arms are permanently fixed in a jaunty pose. Joe the announcer tells Akimbo's origin to the viewers, explaining that he was raised by his parents to be a print model, and after years of posing that left his arms frozen in their position, he turned to a life of crime. Akimbo tells the coffee shop's clerk that he is here to sell "Oops Insurance", and by that, he means that he and his henchmen will knock everything in the store to the ground unless the proprietors give him all their money. (more...)
- The Hallmark Channel has at least eight new movies planned for this Christmas - On Time for Christmas (starring Candace Cameron Bure and Paul Greene), Northpole Open for Christmas (a sequel to last year's Northpole), The Secret Life of Mrs. Claus, Ice Sculpture Christmas, Charming Christmas, Crown for Christmas, Better Than Perfect, and Christmas Neverending (another adaptation of the Christmas Every Day story, this one written and directed by Robbie Fox). Hallmark Movies & Mysteries is also premiering The Bridge. In the meantime, Family for Christmas premiered as part of the Hallmark Channel's Christmas in July event on July 11th.
- Angels in the Snow (starring Kristy Swanson and Chris Potter) and My One Christmas Wish (starring Amber Riley, Matreya Fedor, Ali Skovbye, Jarod Joseph, Priscilla Faia, and Ken Tremblett) will premiere on Up this holiday season.
- A movie titled The Christmas Pearl is in the works for Lifetime's Christmas line-up next year.
- Illumination Entertainment is working on an animated movie adaptation of How the Grinch Stole Christmas! that will be directed by Pete Candeland and is scheduled for release on November 27, 2017.
- John Stephenson, the voice of Mr. Slate from The Flintstones and Doggie Daddy from The Quick Draw McGraw Show, died at the age of 91 on May 15th.
- Movie composer James Horner, whose film scores included the live-action version of How the Grinch Stole Christmas!, was tragically killed in a plane crash at the age of 61 on June 22nd.
Upcoming Video Releases
- August 4th
- Mill Creek Entertainment is releasing a Complete Series DVD set for The Busy World of Richard Scarry (including "Sally Cat's Christmas Dream", "The Big Apple Christmas Caper", and "Santa Needs Help").
- Another Mill Creek release coming out is Madeline: The Complete Collection, which will include Madeline's Christmas and "Madeline at the North Pole".
- August 11th
- Last year's Walmart-exclusive Garfield Holiday Collection DVD (which includes A Garfield Christmas Special) is getting a general retail release.
- August 18th
- The Prep & Landing short Operation: Secret Santa will be included on the Walt Disney Animation Studios Short Films Collection DVD and Blu-ray.
- September 15th
- "The Clean Room Infiltration" will be made available on The Big Bang Theory: The Complete 8th Season DVD and Blu-ray sets.
- October 6th
- Shout! Factory is bringing out their own individual DVD and Blu-ray release of Pee-wee's Playhouse Christmas Special.
- Christmas at Cartwright's and The Best Christmas Party Ever are scheduled to be released on DVD.
- October 13th
- A new "Grinchmas Edition" Blu-ray of the live-action remake of How the Grinch Stole Christmas! is scheduled for release.
- Paramount is releasing a DVD of the 4Kids Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon, titled Cowabunga Christmas!, which will of course include "The Christmas Aliens".
- October 16th
- Last year's Christmas with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir concert (which featured a special guest appearance by the Sesame Street Muppets) will be made available to purchase on DVD.
- October 20th
- Elf: Buddy's Musical Christmas is getting released on DVD and Blu-ray.
- A Complete Series DVD set of Back to the Future: The Animated Series (including "Dickens of a Christmas") will be released, both as its own DVD set as well as in a bundle with new DVDs and Blu-rays of the Back to the Future film trilogy.
- October 27th
- Marry Me for Christmas is heading to DVD.
Popular Christmas Specials
Popular Christmas Movies