Disney TV Animation is 30!
We wish a happy 30th anniversary to Walt Disney Television Animation!
Top 10 Christmas Specials
Wiki Entertainment staff's picks for the top 10 Christmas specials of all time.
Worst Christmas Specials
Wiki Entertainment staff's picks for the worst 10 Christmas specials of all time.
The True Meaning
Read about the true meaning of Christmas, as quoted by Linus van Pelt.
"It's a Wonderful Leaf" is the Christmas episode of the Disney Afternoon animated series Darkwing Duck, originally broadcast on December 23, 1991. The episode's title is a reference to the classic Christmas film It's a Wonderful Life. The episode opens on Christmas Eve at the St. Canard shopping mall, where Dr. Reginald Bushroot, observing the hostile behavior of the other shoppers, finds himself regretting his decision to have waited until the last minute to do his Christmas shopping. While avoiding the frenzied shoppers, Bushroot ducks into a garden shop and starts looking to find presents for the flowers he's able to communicate with. But just as he's found a watering can that would make a perfect gift for one of his plant "friends", another customer takes it from him and knocks him into a nearby barrel. Then, when he accidentally scares a little girl, the girl's mother attacks him with a rake. Bushroot runs out of the store, only to get chased out of the mall by an angry mob. Furious with the horrible treatment he just received from the not-so-jolly mallgoers, Bushroot vows to ruin Christmas for everyone else in St. Canard. Meanwhile, at Drake Mallard's house, he and Launchpad are decorating the Christmas tree. Drake's adopted daughter Gosalyn wants to open her presents right now, but her adoptive father insists that she wait until tomorrow morning. Gosalyn of course attempts to unwrap her presents early anyway, but her attempts fail due to Drake having put an alarm on top of the tree. (more)
- A television special based on Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Cabin Fever is planned to premiere on FOX in the future.
- The Hallmark Channel has at least three new movies planned for next Christmas - Northpole 2, The Bridge, and Christmas Neverending.
- A movie titled The Christmas Pearl is in the works for Lifetime's Christmas line-up next year.
- Illumination Entertainment is working on an animated movie adaptation of How the Grinch Stole Christmas! that will be directed by Pete Candeland and is scheduled for release on November 27, 2017.
- Animation producer and director Larry Latham, whose credits include The Smurfs episode "Baby's First Christmas" and the 1997 version of Babes in Toyland, and was best known for his work on Disney's TaleSpin, died of cancer on November 2nd.
- Christine Cavanaugh, best known for roles such as Gosalyn Mallard from Darkwing Duck and the original voices of Chuckie Finster from Rugrats and Dexter from Dexter's Laboratory, passed away at the age of 55 of December 22nd.
- Rod Taylor, who played Frank Agretti on Falcon Crest (including its Christmas episode) died at the age of 84 on January 11th.
Upcoming Video Releases
- February 3rd
- An individual DVD set of The Bob Newhart Show: The Final Season (which will contain "Twas the Pie Before Christmas") will be released.
- For those of you who haven't bought The Wonder Years: The Complete Series DVD set, an individual DVD set of The Wonder Years: Season Two (including the show's first Christmas episode) will be released.
- February 17th
- March 10th
- The Pee-Wee's Playhouse: Seasons 3, 4 & 5 DVD set (which contains Pee-wee's Playhouse Christmas Special) will be made available for those who didn't buy the Complete Series DVD or Blu-ray set.
- March 17th
- Shout! Factory is releasing a Complete Series DVD set for Maude (which will include "The Christmas Party", "Walter's Christmas Gift", and "Maude's Christmas Surprise").
- March 24th
- "Merry Christmas, Mr. Bean" will be featured on Shout! Factory's Mr. Bean - The Whole Bean: Remastered 25th Anniversary Collection DVD set.
- April 7th
- Olive Films is releasing DVD sets of King of the Hill's eighth and ninth seasons (which will contain "Livin' on Reds, Vitamin C and Propane" and "Ms. Wakefield", respectively).
- April 21st
- Shout! Factory is releasing The Nanny: The Complete Series DVD set (which will include the series' "Christmas Episode" and "Oy to the World").
- April 28th
- An individual DVD release of The Jeffersons: Season Seven (which contains "All I Want for Christmas" is coming from Shout! Factory.
- Unknown dates
- The Michael J. Fox Show: The Complete 1st Season, which will include the show's "Christmas" episode, is planned for release on an unspecified date.
Popular Christmas Specials
Popular Christmas Movies