Top 10 Christmas Specials
Wiki Entertainment staff's picks for the top 10 Christmas specials of all time.
Worst Christmas Specials
Wiki Entertainment staff's picks for the worst 10 Christmas specials of all time.
The True Meaning
Read about the true meaning of Christmas, according to Linus van Pelt.
Other Holiday Specials
Visit our sister wiki, the Other Holiday Specials Wiki.
Kung Fu Panda Holiday is a winter holiday-themed television special spun off from DreamWorks Animation's Kung Fu Panda movies and TV series. It premiered on NBC on Wednesday, November 24, 2010, at 8:30 PM ET/PT. While not necessarily a Christmas special, it does contain some holiday-themed elements, such as decorations and the occasional exchange of presents. Mr. Ping (James Hong) has his cherished "Noodle Dream" in which he and his son, Po (Jack Black), make an incredibly delicious noodle soup, only to be interrupted by Tai Lung. Po defeats the leopard, but leaves his father who wakes up crying out in anguish. That same morning, Master Shifu (Dustin Hoffman) comes into the restaurant to assign Po to host the annual Winter Feast at the Jade Palace, which is a highly ritualized formal occasion exclusively for the masters of Kung Fu. Although Po offers his father the opportunity to cater it, Mr. Ping is adamant that he must stay at his restaurant for the lonely people who have nowhere else to eat for the holiday (and pay extra for it). (more...)
- ABC Family, home of the 25 Days of Christmas, has now rebranded under the new name Freeform.
- Joey Lawrence, star of Hallmark's Hitched for the Holidays, is now filming another new Christmas movie - A Wish for Christmas, set to premiere on Lifetime next Christmas season.
- Illumination Entertainment is working on an animated movie adaptation of How the Grinch Stole Christmas! that will be directed by Pete Candeland and is scheduled for release on November 27, 2017.
- Robert Loggia, who played Pops in An Evergreen Christmas, died on December 4th at the age of 85.
- Richard Libertini, who played Karl Sugarman in A Grandpa for Christmas, died from cancer at the age of 82 on January 7th.
- Music icon and Labyrinth star David Bowie, who also starred as Jack Celliers in Merry Christmas, Mr. Lawrence, died from cancer on January 10th at the 69.
- Brian Bedford passed away on January 13th at the age of 80. Best known for voicing Robin Hood in the 1973 animated Disney film of the same name, he also played Jasper in Mr. St. Nick and Mr. Fezziwig in the 2004 musical version of A Christmas Carol.
- Abe Vigoda passed away at the age of 94 on January 26th. He was best known for playing Salvatore Tessio in The Godfather movies and Detective Sgt. Phil Fish in Barney Miller and its spin-off Fish (including their respective Christmas episodes, "Christmas Story" and "A Fish Christmas"), and he also played Orel Benton in Prancer and Harry in the Wings episode "All About Christmas Eve".
- Voice actor Joe Alaskey tragically passed away at the age of 63 on February 3rd. His various voice credits included Plucky Duck from Tiny Toon Adventures and Lou Pickles in the later years of Rugrats, as well as voicing Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Sylvester, Tweety, and Marvin the Martian in various Looney Tunes projects in the 1990s and 2000s.
Upcoming Video Releases
- February 16th
- Mill Creek Entertainment is putting out a general retail re-release of the Bump in the Night: The Complete Series DVD set (the previous version of which was only available on Shout! Factory's website), which includes "Twas the Night Before Bumpy".
- Warner Archive will release the Family Matters: The Complete 5th Season manufacture-on-demand DVD set (which will include "Christmas is Where the Heart Is").
- March 22nd
- The Maude episode "The Christmas Party" will be made available on Shout! Factory's Maude: The Complete 4th Season DVD set.
Popular Christmas Specials
Popular Christmas Movies