35 Years of Nickelodeon!
The Christmas Specials Wiki celebrates the 35th anniversary of the 1st Kids' Network.
Top 10 Christmas Specials
Wiki Entertainment staff's picks for the top 10 Christmas specials of all time.
Worst Christmas Specials
Wiki Entertainment staff's picks for the worst 10 Christmas specials of all time.
The True Meaning
Read about the true meaning of Christmas, according to Linus van Pelt.
"The Fright Before Christmas!" is the Christmas episode of the Nickelodeon animated series Danny Phantom, aired on December 6, 2005, as part of the show's second season. On his Facebook account, David Kaufman, the voice of the series' protagonist, stated this is one of his favorite episodes. Snow falls in Amity Park as Christmas approaches, and everyone is Christmas shopping at Amity Park Mall, including the trio of friends. While Sam is in a chipper mood, Danny is grumpy and annoyed. When she calls him out on his Scrooge-like attitude, Tucker tells her about "the fight": every Christmas, Maddie and Jack argue over the existence of Santa Claus, wreaking all sorts of havoc in Danny's life. Even as they're talking, they hear Maddie telling nearby children visiting the mall that Santa does not exist while Jack states otherwise. Frustrated, Danny flies to the Ghost Zone, destroying Christmas items to reduce stress. At the same time, the Ghostwriter has completed his Christmas poem, The Fright Before Christmas. Danny accidentally destroys the poem, but doesn't feel so bad due to his hatred of the holiday. Enraged at his behavior, GhostWriter writes a new book, The Fright Before Christmas 2, starring Danny, and blasts him back to Amity Park, where he is now stuck in a rhyming-induced Christmas story in which anything that the GhostWriter writes comes true until Danny's lesson is learned. (more)
- ABC has renewed The Great Christmas Light Fight for a second season.
- Hallmark Channel is producing several new Christmas movies. The first, Northpole, will star American Idol winner Candace Glover and air in November.
- NBC is producing an animated Christmas special for next year titled How Murray Saved Christmas, based on the best-selling children's book of the same name by Mike Reiss.
- Larry D. Mann, the voice actor behind Yukon Cornelius in in the Rankin/Bass classic Rudoilph the Red Nosed Reindeer, passed away on January 7th at the age of 91 in Los Angeles.
- Russell Johnson, who portrayed Professor Roy Hinkley on Gilligan's Island (including its Christmas episode, "Birds Gotta Fly, Fish Gotta Talk"), died of kidney failure on January 16th at the age of 89.
- Dave Madden, who played Reuben Kincaid on The Partridge Family (including its Christmas episode), died on January 16th at the age of 82.
- Arthur Rankin Jr., the "Rankin" half of Rankin-Bass, passed away January 30th at the age of 89 at his home near Harrington Sound in Bermuda.
- Harold Ramis, who directed The Office episode "A Benihana Christmas" and was best known as Dr. Egon Spengler from Ghostbusters, died at the age of 69 on February 24th.
- Hollywood legend Mickey Rooney, whose Christmas credits included the grandfather from A Christmas Too Many, Elmer from Home for Christmas, and Santa Claus in several stop-motion animated specials, died on April 6th at the age of 93.
Upcoming Video Releases
- Sony Pictures Home Entertainment has released The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series, which contains "Reinforcement", on Blu-ray.
- Shout! Factory's website has started selling their The Bob Newhart Show: The Complete Series DVD set, which contains "I'm Dreaming of a Slight Christmas", "Bob Has To Have His Tonsils Out, So He Spends Christmas Eve In the Hospital", and "Twas the Pie Before Christmas" (which has not been released on DVD previously). The DVD set will be made available in general retail stores on May 27th.
- The Andy Griffith Show: Season 1 Blu-ray set, which includes the show's "Christmas Story", will be released.
- The Honeymooners: Classic 39 Episodes Blu-ray set, which will include their Christmas episode, will be released.
- The Bob's Burgers: The Complete 3rd Season DVD set, which will contain "God Rest Ye Merry Gentle-Mannequins", will be released exclusively on Amazon.com (presumably a manufacture-on-demand release).
- DVD sets of Last Man Standing's first and second seasons (which contain "Last Christmas Standing" and "Putting a Hit on Christmas", respectively) will be released on DVD, exclusively on Amazon.com (presumably manufacture-on-demand releases).
- Warner Home Video will release a retail DVD set of Batman: The Brave and the Bold - The Complete First Season, which will contain "Invasion of the Secret Santas!"
- The Warehouse 13 Christmas episode "The Greatest Gift" will be included as a bonus feature on the Warehouse 13: Season Five DVD set.
- A lower-priced, episodes-only version of The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete 3rd Season DVD set (which includes "The Alan Brady Show Presents") will be released.
- Warner Home Video will release The New Adventures of Batman: The Complete Series DVD set, which will include "Cool, Cruel Christmas Caper".
- Mill Creek Entertainment is releasing the Highway to Heaven: The Complete Fourth Season DVD set, which will include "With Love, the Claus".
- RLJ Entertainment is releasing The Twilight Zone: The Complete '80s Series DVD set (which will contain the 1985 version of "Night of the Meek").
- Amazon.com is taking preorders for the Robot and Monster: The Complete Series manufacture-on-demand DVD set (which will contain "Baconmas").
- StarVista and Time-Life plan to release The Wonder Years: The Complete Series DVD set (which will of course contain the episodes "Christmas", "A Very Cutlip Christmas", and "Christmas Party") this fall.
- An individual DVD set of The Bob Newhart Show: The Complete 6th Season (which will contain "Twas the Pie Before Christmas") will be released on a currently unspecified date.
- The Glee: The Complete 5th Season DVD and Blu-ray sets, which will contain "Previously Unaired Christmas", will be released on a currently unspecified date (presumably after April).
- The Michael J. Fox Show: The Complete 1st Season, which will include the show's "Christmas" episode, is planned for release on an unspecified date.
- The Modern Family: The Complete 5th Season DVD and Blu-ray sets, which will include "The Old Man & the Tree", will be released on a currently unspecified date.
Popular Christmas Specials
Popular Christmas Movies