Cartoon Network is 25!
The Christmas Specials Wiki celebrates 25 years of the world's first all-cartoon channel!
R.I.P. June Foray
The Christmas Specials Wiki pays tribute in loving memory of the legendary voice actress.
Top 10 Christmas Specials
Wiki Entertainment staff's picks for the top 10 Christmas specials of all time.
The True Meaning
Read about the true meaning of Christmas, according to Linus van Pelt.
"Arnold's Christmas" is a special half-hour Christmas episode of the Nickelodeon animated series Hey Arnold!, produced and aired in the show's first season. The series creator, Craig Bartlett, has stated it to be one of his personal favorite episodes of the show. The episode begins right as Christmas vacation has started for the students of P.S. 118. While on a walk with her friend Phoebe, Helga Pataki talks about how she thinks Christmas is all about presents and then notices a display case showing off what she wants most for Christmas - a pair of Nancy Spumoni snow boots. Shortly afterward, Helga notices Arnold walking by and soliloquizes about how she secretly loves him and wants to find the perfect gift for him. Meanwhile, at the boarding house where Arnold lives, he and the rest of the boarders assign each other a Secret Santa. In Arnold's case, he has to get a present for Mr. Hyunh, who always seems very sad around Christmastime. (more)
- The 25 Days of Christmas, the annual Christmas programming event that has aired annually on Freeform and its predecessors for the past 20 years, is officially expanding this year to air on its sister networks ABC, the Disney Channel, Disney XD, and Disney Junior.
- NBCUniversal rebranded the Sprout network as Universal Kids on September 9th.
- June Foray, one of the biggest stars in the voice-acting industry, died on July 26, 2017, less than two months shy of her 100th birthday. She was known for having voiced such characters as Granny from Looney Tunes, Rocky the Flying Squirrel, Cindy Lou Who, Jokey Smurf, Grammi Gummi, Magica DeSpell, and even Mrs. Claus in a few Christmas specials.
- Canadian actor Harvey Atkin died on July 17th at the age of 74. Known for his roles in the crime drama Cagney & Lacey and the movie Meatballs, he was also the voice of King Bowser Koopa and Tryclyde in the Super Mario Bros. cartoons and Sam the dog in The Adventures of Sam & Max: Freelance Police (including their Christmas episodes).
- Illumination Entertainment is working on an animated movie adaptation of How the Grinch Stole Christmas! that will be directed by Pete Candeland and will star Benedict Cumberbatch as the voice of the Grinch. It is scheduled for release on November 9, 2018.
Upcoming Video Releases
Popular Christmas Specials
Popular Christmas Movies