Top 10 Christmas Specials
Wiki Entertainment staff's picks for the top 10 Christmas specials of all time.
Worst Christmas Specials
Wiki Entertainment staff's picks for the worst 10 Christmas specials of all time.
The True Meaning
Read about the true meaning of Christmas, according to Linus van Pelt.
Other Holiday Specials
Visit our sister wiki, the Other Holiday Specials Wiki.
"A Very CatDog Christmas" is a special half-hour Christmas episode of the Nickelodeon animated series CatDog, produced and aired in the show's second season. The episode opens on CatDog having just finished their annual tradition of decorating a pair of trees for Christmas, now leaving their gifts for each other under them. Afterward, the two then head off on Dog's favorite Christmas tradition - visiting Santa Claus. At the Mall of Malls, Santa is shown to be not at all happy with the commercialism that all the kids in Nearburg have succumbed to. Cat appears to be no different, letting the big guy know (loud enough for Dog to hear) that he wants a sports car, but Santa is shown a glimmer of hope when Dog says that all he wants is that Cat likes the present he gave him. Just then, the mall's owner, Rancid Rabbit, shows up, making way for his bratty niece, Rancine, to visit Santa. Rancine, who says that she already owns everything she desires, notices CatDog and wants them as her pet. Rancid offers to buy CatDog, but they initially refuse his offer. But after a talk with Winslow, Cat is led to believe that his and Dog's Christmases are terrible because they don't have "enough stuff." Thusly, he and Dog take Rancid up on his offer, saying they'll be Rancine's present if he gives them access to everything in his mansion. Unfortunately, Santa is upset by this action and decides the world might be better off without Christmas. (more)
- R. Lee Ermey, actor and former United States Marine Corps staff sergeant, died from pneumonia at the age of 74 on April 15th. Best known for his role as Gunnery Sergeant Hartman in Full Metal Jacket, he was frequently cast as numerous authority figures, such as Sarge from Toy Story, and Lt. "Tice" Ryan on Rocket Power (including its Christmas episode).
- Actor Chuck McCann died of congestive heart failure at the age of 83 on April 8th. Best known as the voice of Cocoa Puffs mascot Sonny the Cuckoo Bird as well as Duckworth and two of the Beagle Boys in the original DuckTales series, he also voiced Blinky and Pinky in Hanna-Barbera's Pac-Man cartoon (including its Christmas special), Dumptruck on TaleSpin (including its Christmas episode), and also portrayed Santa Claus in a few Christmas specials (both animated and live-action).
- David Ogden Stiers, known for his role as Major Charles Emerson Winchester III on M*A*S*H and his voice work at Disney (including Cogsworth from Beauty and the Beast, Dr. Jumba Jookiba from Lilo and Stitch, and Mr. Jolly on Teacher's Pet), died at the age of 75 on March 3rd.
- Illumination Entertainment is working on an animated movie adaptation of How the Grinch Stole Christmas! that will be directed by Pete Candeland and will star Benedict Cumberbatch as the voice of the Grinch. It is scheduled for release on November 9, 2018.
- The Grinch (theaters)
- Christmas for Keeps (Hallmark Movies & Mysteries)
- Christmas Hours (Lifetime)
- Christmas on the Coast (INSP)
- Klaus (Netflix)
Upcoming Video Releases
- June 12th
- Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman: The Complete Series (25th Anniversary Edition re-release; includes "A Christmas Tale: Dr. Mike's Dream", "A First Christmas", "Fifi's First Christmas", and "Season of Miracles")
- Will & Grace - The Revival: Season One (includes "A Gay Olde Christmas")
- June 26th
Popular Christmas Specials
Popular Christmas Movies