Top 10 Christmas Specials
Wiki Entertainment staff's picks for the top 10 Christmas specials of all time.
Worst Christmas Specials
Wiki Entertainment staff's picks for the worst 10 Christmas specials of all time.
The True Meaning
Read about the true meaning of Christmas, according to Linus van Pelt.
Other Holiday Specials
Visit our sister wiki, the Other Holiday Specials Wiki.
A Garfield Christmas Special (also called A Garfield Christmas for short) is an animated Christmas special based on the newspaper comic strip Garfield by Jim Davis, originally broadcast on CBS on December 21, 1987. In a brightly decorated house, Garfield is awakened by Jon, dressed as an elf, who says that it is Christmas morning and Garfield must be treated to a large amount of lasagna before opening his presents. After Garfield finishes eating the lasagna, Jon presents him with a robotic Santa Claus that reads minds and produces whatever Garfield wants. Garfield is pleased with this, until Jon actually wakes Garfield up and it is revealed that Garfield was just dreaming. Jon tells Garfield that it is Christmas Eve, and that they are going to the countryside to celebrate Christmas with Jon's family on their farm. Garfield, not very keen on the idea, asks why they always have to go to the Arbuckle farm and wonders why Jon's family can never just come to Jon's house instead. (more)
- On June 14th, AT&T officially acquired Time Warner (the parent company of Warner Bros., DC Comics, Hanna-Barbera, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, and HBO), which has now changed its name to WarnerMedia.
- The Countdown to the 25 Days of Christmas, Freeform's annual programming event for late November, is being retitled as Kick-Off to Christmas this year.
- R. Lee Ermey, actor and former United States Marine Corps staff sergeant, died from pneumonia at the age of 74 on April 15th. Best known for his role as Gunnery Sergeant Hartman in Full Metal Jacket, he was frequently cast as numerous authority figures, such as Sarge from Toy Story, and Lt. "Tice" Ryan on Rocket Power (including its Christmas episode).
- Actor Chuck McCann died of congestive heart failure at the age of 83 on April 8th. Best known as the voice of Cocoa Puffs mascot Sonny the Cuckoo Bird, as well as Duckworth and two of the Beagle Boys in the original DuckTales series, he also voiced Blinky and Pinky in Hanna-Barbera's Pac-Man cartoon (including its Christmas special), Dumptruck on TaleSpin (including its Christmas episode), and also portrayed Santa Claus in a few Christmas specials (both animated and live-action).
- David Ogden Stiers, known for his role as Major Charles Emerson Winchester III on M*A*S*H and his voice work at Disney (including Cogsworth from Beauty and the Beast, Dr. Jumba Jookiba from Lilo and Stitch, and Mr. Jolly on Teacher's Pet), died at the age of 75 on March 3rd.
- The Grinch (theaters)
- The Christmas Contract (Lifetime)
- Christmas for Keeps (Hallmark Movies & Mysteries)
- Christmas Hours (Lifetime)
- Christmas Joy (Hallmark Channel)
- Christmas on the Coast (INSP)
- It's Christmas, Eve (Hallmark Channel)
- Klaus (Netflix)
- Marrying Father Christmas (Hallmark Movies & Mysteries)
- A Very Nutty Christmas (Lifetime)
Upcoming Video Releases
- June 26th
- September 24th
- Unknown date
- Perfect Strangers: The Complete Fourth Season (includes "The Gift of the Mypiot")
Popular Christmas Specials
Popular Christmas Movies