Ebbie (also known as Miracle at Christmas: Ebbie's Story) is a 1995 made-for-TV movie starring veteran daytime actress Susan Lucci. Directed by George Kaczender, it is a reworking of the Charles Dickens classic novel A Christmas Carol.
Elizabeth Scrooge has unscrupulously worked her way to the top, and though she finds herself alone, she is satisfied. She overworks and underpays her employees, and avoids all emotional attachments, even to the orphan daughter of her beloved sister. On Christmas Eve, she is visited by the ghost of her former mentor and partner Jake Marley, who warns her to change her ways. She then receives three visitations by spirits who attempt to show her where she has gone wrong in life and what she must do to avoid an eternity of punishment.
Echo Bridge Entertainment released the movie on DVD on September 25, 2012.
- Susan Lucci: Elizabeth "Ebbie" Scrooge
- Wendy Crewson: Roberta Cratchet
- Jeffrey DeMunn: Jake Marley
- Ron Lea: Paul
- Molly Parker: Francine (dual role, mother and daughter)
- Taran Noah Smith: Tim Cratchet
- Laura Harris: Martha Cratchet