Eeyore (pronounced /ˈiː.ɒr/ ( listen) EE-or) is a major character in the Winnie-the-Pooh books by A. A. Milne and their animated adaptations by The Walt Disney Company. He is generally characterized as a grey, gloomy, anthropomorphic, old stuffed donkey who is a friend of the title character, Winnie the Pooh. His name is a representation of the onomatopoeic phrase "hee-haw," which refers to the braying sound made by a normal donkey, written in the Cockney dialect, which is characterized by h dropping in addition to the usual British r dropping.
Appearances in Christmas specials
Winnie the Pooh
- Christmas at Pooh Corner
- Winnie the Pooh and Christmas Too
- My Friends Tigger & Pooh: Super Sleuth Christmas Movie
Other Christmas productions
- Disney's Christmas Fantasy on Ice (re-airing only)
- Mickey's Magical Christmas: Snowed in at the House of Mouse
- "Clarabelle's Christmas List"
- "Road to the North Pole"