Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Written by:||Tony Geiss|
"Everyday Can't Be Christmas" is a song about how Christmas wouldn't be as special if it was every day. It was sung twice in the 1996 Sesame Street special Elmo Saves Christmas, first by Santa Claus in an attempt to convince Elmo that every day can't be Christmas (which fails), and later by Elmo (in a duet with Lightning) after he finally becomes convinced that Christmas should only be one day a year.
A clip from Elmo's version of the song was included in A Sesame Street Christmas Carol.
- Everyday can't be Christmas.
- That wouldn't be such a treat.
- You can get tired of chocolate candy
- When that's all you eat.
- Everyday can't be your birthday.
- That wouldn't be much fun.
- Too many birthdays aren't half as nice as one,
- that you wait for...
- Wait for joy and recall.
- That if every day was Christmas,
- there wouldn't be Christmas at all.