Huebert, Deuteronomy and Louis Duck, better known as Huey, Dewey and Louie, are Donald Duck's triplet nephews featured in the character's cartoons and comics. Originally introduced in a storyline in the Donald Duck newspaper comic strip, they are the sons of Donald's rarely-seen sister, Della. In animation, the three boys are often seen pulling pranks on their uncle. In comics, however, as developed by Al Taliaferro and Carl Barks, the young ducks are more well-behaved, often assisting Donald as well as their great-uncle Scrooge McDuck in numerous adventures, and they are also members of the scouting organization known as the Junior Woodchucks.
In the classic shorts and comics, the trio had no set color scheme. Around the time the characters were featured in the animated series DuckTales, it became established that Huey is the one who dresses in red, Dewey dresses in blue, and Louie dresses in green.
Appearances in Christmas specials
- Mickey's Christmas Carol - In this adaptation of Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol, Huey, Dewey and Louie make a brief cameo decorating a tree at Fezziwig's Christmas party.
- Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas
- Mickey's Magical Christmas: Snowed in at the House of Mouse
- "Clarabelle's Christmas List"
- Mickey's Twice Upon a Christmas
|This article about a character from either a Christmas movie, television episodic series or special with a Christmas theme is a stub. Please help to expand this article in the Christmas Specials Wikia.|