Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
John Denver & the Muppets: A Christmas Together is, as its title suggests, a Christmas television special starring John Denver and the Muppets. Based on the album of the same name, this one-hour Christmas special was originally produced for ABC and aired on December 5, 1979.
This special was one of the relatively few productions featuring the Muppets that was not sold to The Walt Disney Company when they acquired the characters from The Jim Henson Company in 2004. It, along with the later Rocky Mountain Holiday with John Denver and the Muppets, are instead owned by John Denver's estate.
Unlike Rocky Mountain Holiday, A Christmas Together has never been commercially released on home video. It is, however, available for public viewing at the Paley Center for Media.
- Denver and the Muppets sing "The Twelve Days of Christmas."
- Denver sings "The Pleasure of Your Company."
- Kermit the Frog and Denver reminisce about past Christmases with their friends and families, and sing "The Christmas Wish".
- Miss Piggy confronts Denver in her dressing room about their presumably mutual attraction.
- Denver and Rowlf the Dog sing "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas."
- Denver recites the story of the nativity.
- Miss Piggy, as a doll named Fifi, sings "I Will Wait for You" to Denver, who plays a wooden soldier trying to stay in step with a line of marching soldiers.
The program concludes with Denver and the Muppets singing "Stille Nacht," and children in the audience join in for the English version, "Silent Night."
- The original ABC broadcast included an announcer mentioning the sponsors, Dupont and Dr. Pepper, at the end of the first and last segments.
- Some Disney Channel airings included part of an introduction with Michael Eisner and Kermit the Frog, which was filmed for an NBC airing of A Muppet Family Christmas.
- The three-minute sequence of wooden soldiers dancing and singing "Camaraderie" was deleted from some reruns on the Disney Channel (which also appear to be slightly zoomed in compared to the original broadcast).
- Executive Producer: Jerry Weintraub
- Producer: Bob Finkel
- Director/Choreographer: Tony Charmoli
- Writers: Bob Finkel and Herbert Baker
- Special Material by: Jon Stone
|Jim Henson|| Kermit the Frog|
Rowlf the Dog
The Swedish Chef
|Richard Hunt|| Beaker|
|Jerry Nelson|| Floyd Pepper|
Robin the Frog
|Frank Oz|| Animal|
| Michael Earl|
- Muppet Wiki: John Denver and the Muppets: A Christmas Together
- John Denver and the Muppets: A Christmas Together at the Internet Movie Database