Cartoon Network is 25!
The Christmas Specials Wiki celebrates 25 years of the world's first all-cartoon channel!
R.I.P. June Foray
The Christmas Specials Wiki pays tribute in loving memory of the legendary voice actress.
Top 10 Christmas Specials
Wiki Entertainment staff's picks for the top 10 Christmas specials of all time.
The True Meaning
Read about the true meaning of Christmas, according to Linus van Pelt.
"A Hearth's Warming Tail" is the third Christmas-themed episode of the Hasbro animated television series My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, produced and aired in the show's sixth season. Its plot is based on Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol. It premiered on Discovery Family on May 14, 2016. The episode opens in Ponyville as all the ponies are decorating the town and Castle of Friendship for Hearth's Warming. Twilight Sparkle, in particular, is excited for the recently-reformed Starlight Glimmer to celebrate her first Hearth's Warming Eve in Ponyville. But Starlight feels that she would rather skip the holiday, considering it to be "just an excuse for silly songs and fun". When Twilight tries to explain the holiday's importance, Starlight says she already knows the story of how Earth ponies, Pegasi, and unicorns came together to vanquish the windigos (as elaborated upon in "Hearth's Warming Eve"), so Twilight instead decides to tell her favorite holiday story - A Hearth's Warming Tale, a story about an Ebenezer Scrooge-esque unicorn named Snowfall Frost, who hates Hearth's Warming Eve and values studying and magic above all else. (more)
- The Spectrum cable service is planning to drop all of the networks owned by Viacom (including Nickelodeon, TV Land, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, CMT, Spike, and Logo TV) following the expiration of Viacom's current contract on October 15th.
- NBCUniversal rebranded the Sprout network as Universal Kids on September 9th.
- June Foray, one of the biggest stars in the voice-acting industry, died on July 26, 2017, less than two months shy of her 100th birthday. She was known for having voiced such characters as Granny from Looney Tunes, Rocky the Flying Squirrel, Cindy Lou Who, Jokey Smurf, Grammi Gummi, Magica DeSpell, and even Mrs. Claus in a few Christmas specials.
- Canadian actor Harvey Atkin died on July 17th at the age of 74. Known for his roles in the crime drama Cagney & Lacey and the movie Meatballs, he was also the voice of King Bowser Koopa and Tryclyde in the Super Mario Bros. cartoons and Sam the dog in The Adventures of Sam & Max: Freelance Police (including their Christmas episodes).
- Stephen Furst died at the age of 62 on June 17th. Known for his roles in Babylon 5 and National Lampoon's Animal House, he also voiced Booster Munchapper on Buzz Lightyear of Star Command (including its Christmas episode) and Fanboy on Freakazoid!, and also played the hospital doctor in National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation 2: Cousin Eddie's Island Adventure.
- Walt Disney Animation Studios is working on Olaf's Frozen Adventure, a new holiday TV special spun off from Frozen, directed by Prep & Landing directors Kevin Deters and Stevie Wermers-Skelton. It will be premiering in theaters with Coco on November 22, 2017.
- Illumination Entertainment is working on an animated movie adaptation of How the Grinch Stole Christmas! that will be directed by Pete Candeland and will star Benedict Cumberbatch as the voice of the Grinch. It is scheduled for release on November 9, 2018.
Upcoming Video Releases
4K Ultra HD Blu-ray
Popular Christmas Specials
Popular Christmas Movies