Christmas in July
Beat the summer heat with these s'winter-themed Christmas classics!
Top 10 Christmas Specials
Wiki Entertainment staff's picks for the top 10 Christmas specials of all time.
Worst Christmas Specials
Wiki Entertainment staff's picks for the worst 10 Christmas specials of all time.
The True Meaning
Read about the true meaning of Christmas, as quoted by Linus van Pelt.
"Twas the Night" is the first of two Christmas episodes of the Cartoon Network original series Johnny Bravo, aired in the show's first season and narrated by the late Adam West. It is Christmas Eve in Aron City, and Johnny is awoken from his sleep when he hears a noise. As his mother, Bunny, is still sleeping, having drifted off to sleep during a marathon of It's a Wonderful Life, Johnny heads up to the roof to investigate. He finds Santa and, mistaking him for a burglar, knocks him unconscious with a flying kick before realizing his mistake. After the big guy regains consciousness, he tells Johnny that he broke his arm, and thus Johnny will have to fill in for him. (more)
- Canadian actor Harvey Atkin died on July 17th at the age of 74. Known for his roles in the crime drama Cagney & Lacey and the movie Meatballs, he was also the voice of King Bowser Koopa and Tryclyde in the Super Mario Bros. cartoons and Sam the dog in The Adventures of Sam & Max: Freelance Police (including their Christmas episodes).
- Stephen Furst died at the age of 62 on June 17th. Known for his roles in Babylon 5 and National Lampoon's Animal House, he also voiced Booster Munchapper on Buzz Lightyear of Star Command (including its Christmas episode) and Fanboy on Freakazoid!, and also played the hospital doctor in National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation 2: Cousin Eddie's Island Adventure.
- TV's Adam West died on June 9th at the age of 88. Best known for having played Batman in the 1966 television series of the same name (a role he reprised for Filmation's The New Adventures of Batman, the last two seasons of Hanna-Barbera's Super Friends series, and last year's direct-to-video film Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders), he also voiced the mayor on Family Guy, a parody version of himself on The Fairly OddParents, Ernest Hemingway's caricature on Histeria!, and the narrator in the Johnny Bravo episode "Twas the Night".
- Tino Insana, the voice of Bushroot from Darkwing Duck and Uncle Ted from Bobby's World, died at the age of 79 on May 31st.
- British actor Roger Moore died at the age of 89 on May 23rd. Best known for having played James Bond from 1973 to 1985, he also appeared as Edward, the Duke of Castlebury in A Princess for Christmas.
- DHX Media has acquired Iconix Brand Group's entertainment brands, including 80% stake of Peanuts Worldwide (the other 20% remains in the ownership of Charles M. Schulz Creative Associates), thus bringing Peanuts under the same corporate umbrella as the Cookie Jar Group and DiC Entertainment libraries.
- Eric Moran, who played Joanie Cunningham on Happy Days and its spin-off Joanie Loves Chachi, died at the age of 56 on April 22nd.
- Walt Disney Animation Studios is working on Olaf's Frozen Adventure, a new holiday TV special spun off from Frozen, directed by Prep & Landing directors Kevin Deters and Stevie Wermers-Skelton. It will be premiering in theaters with Coco on November 22, 2017.
- Illumination Entertainment is working on an animated movie adaptation of How the Grinch Stole Christmas! that will be directed by Pete Candeland and will star Benedict Cumberbatch as the voice of the Grinch. It is scheduled for release on November 9, 2018.
Unknown dates (continued)
Upcoming Video Releases
4K Ultra HD Blu-ray
Popular Christmas Specials
Popular Christmas Movies