Top 10 Christmas Specials
Wiki Entertainment staff's picks for the top 10 Christmas specials of all time.
Worst Christmas Specials
Wiki Entertainment staff's picks for the worst 10 Christmas specials of all time.
The True Meaning
Read about the true meaning of Christmas, according to Linus van Pelt.
Other Holiday Specials
Visit our sister wiki, the Other Holiday Specials Wiki.
"Have Yourself a Thornberry Little Christmas" is the Christmas episode of the Nickelodeon animated series The Wild Thornberrys, produced and aired as part of the show's second season. The Thornberrys are spending Christmas Eve in the Namib Desert in Africa, and have just received a box from Nigel's mother, containing the kids' Christmas presents and a Christmas goose to have for dinner. Marianne suggests to Nigel that it's time they start decorating. When he goes to get the decorations from the commvee's storage kit, Eliza and Debbie say they're in a compartment on the other side. While Nigel and Marianne look on the other side, Eliza and Debbie open the storage unit in which they've been keeping their present for their parents - a battery-operated camera warmer. After Eliza finds a new hiding place for it inside the commvee, the Thornberrys start decorating the commvee and a nearby tree ("It'll be easier to decorate than last year's cactus"). Then, as Nigel begins preparing the Christmas dinner, Eliza and Darwin then go down to the Skeleton Coast to find some seashells and a starfish to decorate the tree. (more)
- Rankin/Bass historian Rick Goldschmidt, who wrote The Enchanted World of Rankin/Bass: A Portfolio and Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer: The Making of the Rankin/Bass Holiday Classic, is now bringing out a book about the making of Santa Claus is Comin' to Town (as well as the 1966 feature film The Daydreamer), coming September 21st.
- Actor/director Burt Reynolds died at the age of 82 on September 6th. Known for his leading roles in such films as Deliverance and Smokey and the Bandit and for being the original voice of Charlie Barkin from All Dogs Go to Heaven, he also voiced the adult Tommy Tinkerton in The Legend of Frosty the Snowman and Buster in A Magic Christmas.
- Actor Stefán Karl Stefánsson, who played Robbie Rotten on LazyTown and also performed as the Grinch in the Broadway musical version of How the Grinch Stole Christmas! from 2008 to 2015, died at the age of 43 on August 21st.
- Actress/comedian Charlotte Rae died at the age of 92 on August 5th. Best known for her role as housekeeper Edna Garrett on Diff'rent Strokes and its spin-off The Facts of Life (including their Christmas episodes), she was also the voice of Nanny in 101 Dalmatians: The Series and had roles in The Tangerine Bear: Home in Time for Christmas! and Christmas Cottage.
- On June 14th, AT&T officially acquired Time Warner (the parent company of Warner Bros., DC Comics, Hanna-Barbera, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, and HBO), which has now changed its name to WarnerMedia.
- The Countdown to the 25 Days of Christmas, Freeform's annual programming event for late November, is being retitled as Kick-Off to Christmas this year.
Upcoming Video Releases
Popular Christmas Specials
Popular Christmas Movies