The Great Tournament!
Vote for YOUR favorite Christmas specials in Round 3 of our bracket tournament!
R.I.P. June Foray
The Christmas Specials Wiki pays tribute in loving memory of the legendary voice actress.
Top 10 Christmas Specials
Wiki Entertainment staff's picks for the top 10 Christmas specials of all time.
The True Meaning
Read about the true meaning of Christmas, according to Linus van Pelt.
"Hey, Hey It's Knishmas!" is a special half-hour Christmas-themed episode of the Cartoon Network original series Chowder, produced as part of the show's second season. It premiered on said network on December 4, 2008. Marzipan City is in the midst of the Knishmas season, and as Mung Daal and Schnitzel are picking up their Knishmas tree, Chowder is looking in a store window at the object he desires for Knishmas - an Electric Broccoli Trimmer with Detachable Non-Electric Cauliflower Trimmer. He tells Mung that he's going to go ask Knish Kringle (the Knishmas equivalent of Santa Claus) for it. As they get in line to see "Knish Kringle" (actually a costumed Gazpacho), Endive suddenly shows up behind them, pointing out to Chowder that Knish Kringle never delivers gifts to Mung's house, which Chowder believes is because Bigfoot always wrecks Mung's shmingerbread houses. Endive, however, says it's actually because Mung's just not any good at making shmingerbread houses. Mung, offended at his rival's remarks, insists this will be Chowder's best Knishmas ever. (more)
- The Walt Disney Company has officially acquired most of 21st Century Fox for $52.4 billion, thus bringing Miracle on 34th Street, Home Alone, The Simpsons, and the X-Men movies under the same corporate umbrella as Mickey Mouse, Winnie the Pooh, Frozen, Phineas and Ferb, the Muppets, the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and Star Wars.
- The 25 Days of Christmas, the annual Christmas programming event that has aired annually on Freeform and its predecessors for the past 20 years, is officially expanding this year to air on its sister networks ABC, the Disney Channel, Disney XD, and Disney Junior.
- NBCUniversal rebranded the Sprout network as Universal Kids on September 9th.
- June Foray, one of the biggest stars in the voice-acting industry, died on July 26, 2017, less than two months shy of her 100th birthday. She was known for having voiced such characters as Granny from Looney Tunes, Rocky the Flying Squirrel, Cindy Lou Who, Jokey Smurf, Grammi Gummi, Magica DeSpell, and even Mrs. Claus in a few Christmas specials.
- Canadian actor Harvey Atkin died on July 17th at the age of 74. Known for his roles in the crime drama Cagney & Lacey and the movie Meatballs, he was also the voice of King Bowser Koopa and Tryclyde in the Super Mario Bros. cartoons and Sam the dog in The Adventures of Sam & Max: Freelance Police (including their Christmas episodes).
- Illumination Entertainment is working on an animated movie adaptation of How the Grinch Stole Christmas! that will be directed by Pete Candeland and will star Benedict Cumberbatch as the voice of the Grinch. It is scheduled for release on November 9, 2018.
- Bunsen is a Beast: "Bunsen Saves Christmas" (NickToons)
- Christmas Getaway (Hallmark Channel)
- When Calls the Heart Christmas! (Hallmark Channel)
- American Dad!: "Santa, Schmanta" (TBS)
- Christmas for Keeps (Hallmark Movies & Mysteries)
- Christmas Hours (Lifetime)
- Christmas on the Coast (INSP)
Upcoming Video Releases
- Be Cool, Scooby-Doo!: Season 1, Part 2 - Teamwork Screamwork (includes "Scary Christmas")
- Day 1: June Foray, who tragically passed away earlier this year, was also the voice for which character in the original broadcast version of Frosty the Snowman?
- Day 2: In The Sylvester & Tweety Mysteries episode "It Happened One Night Before Christmas", what was the name of Granny's absent-minded brother?
- Day 3: Besides "Yes, Mikey, Santa Does Shave", which other episodes of Recess were used for the compilation film Recess Christmas: Miracle on Third Street?
- Day 4: In The Super Mario Bros. Super Show episode "Koopa Klaus", where were Mario and his friends originally planning to spend their vacation?
- Day 5: In the Milo Murphy's Law episode "A Christmas Peril", which of Milo Murphy's relatives denies the fact that Murphy's Law affects them?
- Day 6: Which other episode of Rugrats accompanied "The Santa Experience" on Paramount Home Video's VHS release?
- Day 7: What was Numbuh 3's present for Numbuh 4 in "Operation: N.A.U.G.H.T.Y."?
- Day 8: What was the first movie to premiere as part of the 25 Days of Christmas?
- Day 9: Which of Fred and Barney's childhood friends from The Flintstone Kids made his only grown-up appearance in A Flintstones' Christmas Carol?
- Day 10: What does Michelangelo name the kitten he adopts in the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles episode "The Christmas Aliens"?
- Day 11: What was the original title for the Darkwing Duck episode "It's a Wonderful Leaf"?
- Day 12: In Merry Madagascar, which one of the Penguins falls in love with Cupid the reindeer?
- Day 13: What is the name of the restaurant owned by Doc Bullfrog in Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas?
- Day 14: What job does Cindy Bear get at the Jellystone Lodge in Yogi's First Christmas?
- Day 15: In the Kim Possible episode "A Very Possible Christmas", what was the name of Dr. Drakken's rocket that he was planning to use to conquer the world?
- Day 16: Which character from Fraggle Rock makes a few cameos in The Muppet Christmas Carol?
- Day 17: In The Loud House episode "11 Louds a Leapin'", which of Lincoln's sisters were trying to find where their parents had hidden their presents?
Popular Christmas Specials
Popular Christmas Movies