90 Years of Warner Bros.!
The Christmas Specials Wiki celebrates the 90th anniversary of Warner Bros. Pictures.
Top 10 Christmas Specials
Wiki Entertainment staff's picks for the top 10 Christmas specials of all time.
Worst Christmas Specials
Wiki Entertainment staff's picks for the worst 10 Christmas specials of all time.
The True Meaning
Read about the true meaning of Christmas, according to Linus van Pelt.
Bugs Bunny's Looney Christmas Tales is a half-hour Christmas television special starring the Looney Tunes characters, in which Bugs Bunny presents three separate holiday stories. Originally aired on CBS on November 27, 1979, it was the first of three Looney Tunes television specials which, instead of compiling and re-editing older shorts, consisted entirely of new material which could later be broken up as individual shorts, introduced by Bugs in new footage. All three segments were later featured as individual shorts in the Looney Tunes Saturday morning and syndicated packages, with individual title cards and limited credits. Follow-up specials, using the same format, were Daffy Duck's Easter Egg-citement and Bugs Bunny's Busting Out All Over. The special opens with Bugs Bunny leading some of his fellow Looney Tunes stars - Porky Pig, Elmer Fudd, Yosemite Sam, Foghorn Leghorn, and Pepé Le Pew - in singing "Deck the Halls". However, Porky and Foghorn have trouble singing solo lines due to their speech patterns, Yosemite Sam refuses to sing solo, and Pepé sings "Alouette" when asked to sing solo. Bugs instead says he'll sing the regular lines of the song while the others pick up on the "Fa-la-las". (more...)
- WWE Studios, the movie-making division of Vince McMahon's sports entrtainment empire, has started production on the made-for-TV movie Christmas Bounty to air on ABC Family this December.
- Annette Funicello, the famous Mouseketeer who also starred as Mary Contrary in Babes in Toyland and appeared as one of the guest stars in Pee-wee's Playhouse Christmas Special, died at the age of 70 on April 8th.
- Jonathan Winters, who voiced Charlie in The Bears Who Saved Christmas, the narrator in Frosty Returns, and Santa Claus in Santa vs. the Snowman, passed away at the age of 87 on April 11th.
Upcoming Video Releases
- "It's a Wonderful Tiny Toons Christmas Special" will be included on the Tiny Toon Adventures: Volume 4 - Looney Links! DVD set.
- An individual Blu-ray set of The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Third Season, which contains "The Alan Brady Show Presents", will be released.
- The Sylvester and Tweety cartoon Gift Wrapped will once again be released on DVD as part of The Best of Warner Bros.: Looney Tunes DVD set.
- Shout! Factory's Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers: Season 3 DVD set, which contains "I'm Dreaming of a White Ranger", will be made available as an individual release.
- "Christmas Punch" will be made available on the George Lopez: The Complete 3rd Season DVD set.
- "Dwight Christmas" will be made available on The Office - Season 9: The Farewell Season DVD and Blu-ray sets.
- The Mindy Project: Season One DVD set, which will contain "Josh and Mindy's Christmas Party", will be released.
- "Season's Beatings" will be included on the American Dad!: Volume 8 DVD set.
- Inspector Gadget Saves Christmas will be released on DVD again, this time by New Video Group.