Disney TV Animation is 30!
We wish a happy 30th anniversary to Walt Disney Television Animation!
Top 10 Christmas Specials
Wiki Entertainment staff's picks for the top 10 Christmas specials of all time.
Worst Christmas Specials
Wiki Entertainment staff's picks for the worst 10 Christmas specials of all time.
The True Meaning
Read about the true meaning of Christmas, as quoted by Linus van Pelt.
"It's a Wonderful Tiny Toons Christmas Special" is the Christmas-themed episode (and also the series finale) of the Warner Bros. animated television series Tiny Toon Adventures, originally aired as a prime-time special on FOX on December 6, 1992. As suggested by the title (and a line in the opening sequence), the story is a parody of the classic Christmas film It's a Wonderful Life. The special opens on Christmas Eve, much like the opening scene from It's a Wonderful Life, where various characters from the show are praying to the heavens on behalf of their star, Buster Bunny (with Plucky Duck being a seeming exception who then starts praying for Buster's sake when he's convinced that no one else is looking). Up in the sky, God is heard summoning a rabbit angel named Harvey, telling him that Buster is thinking of quitting Tiny Toons because he thinks he's a failure. God then proceeds to show him what circumstances led to this: Earlier that day, Buster is in charge of directing the Tiny Toons holiday special. During the rehearsals, Montana Max, who is in a wheelchair (akin to Mr. Potter) due to an accident he had while skiing with Morgan Fairchild, is outraged to learn that he's been cut out of the special because Buster didn't think he would show up. Furious, Max does everything to ruin the rehearsals - he causes Li'l Sneezer to sneeze during his Christmas Carol sketch, he convinces Babs that Buster is flirting with her ice skating partner Cher, he rigs the stage so that Cher falls into a tub of Acme piranhas, and he places TNT in Plucky and William Shatner's microphones. Everyone takes out their frustration on Buster, and to make matters worse, the FOX network executives put Max in charge of making the special. Feeling he's let everybody down, Buster leaves, causing his friends to worry for him. (more)
- A television special based on Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Cabin Fever is planned to premiere on FOX in the future.
- The Hallmark Channel has at least three new movies planned for next Christmas - Northpole Open for Christmas, The Bridge, and Christmas Neverending.
- A movie titled The Christmas Pearl is in the works for Lifetime's Christmas line-up next year.
- Illumination Entertainment is working on an animated movie adaptation of How the Grinch Stole Christmas! that will be directed by Pete Candeland and is scheduled for release on November 27, 2017.
- Rod Taylor, who played Frank Agretti on Falcon Crest (including its Christmas episode) died at the age of 84 on January 11th.
- Barrie Ingham, who played the mayor in the 1989 adaptation of The Tailor of Gloucester and was best known for voicing Basil in Disney's The Great Mouse Detective, died at the age of 82 on January 23rd.
- Gary Owens died at the age of 80 on February 12th. He voiced the reporter in "It's a Very Merry Eek's-Mas", but was more famously known as the announcer on Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In and providing voices for superheroes such as Batman, Space Ghost, Blue Falcon, Powdered Toast Man, and Badly Animated Man.
- Animator Jeff Hale, who directed Christmas Cracker and The Great Toy Robbery, died at the age of 92 in late February.
- Sam Simon, co-creator of The Simpsons, died at the age of 59 on March 8th.
Upcoming Video Releases
- April 7th
- Olive Films has released DVD sets of King of the Hill's eighth and ninth seasons (which contain "Livin' on Reds, Vitamin C and Propane" and "Ms. Wakefield", respectively).
- April 21st
- Shout! Factory is releasing The Nanny: The Complete Series DVD set (which will include the series' "Christmas Episode" and "Oy to the World").
- April 28th
- An individual DVD release of The Jeffersons: Season Seven (which contains "All I Want for Christmas" is coming from Shout! Factory.
- May 12th
- "Christmas in the Car" will be made available on the Bob's Burgers: The Complete 4th Season manufacture-on-demand DVD set.
- May 19th
- Mill Creek Entertainment is releasing the Married... with Children: Season Ten DVD set (which will contain "I Can't Believe It's Butter").
- The American Dad!: Volume 10 manufacture-on-demand DVD set (which will contain "Minstrel Krampus") will be made available to buy on Amazon.com.
- May 26th
- Shout! Factory will release an individual DVD set of Welcome Back, Kotter: The Complete Third Season (including "A Sweathog Christmas Special").
- June 2nd
- RLJ Entertainment is releasing the Beetle Bailey and Friends: 65th Anniversary Complete Collector's Edition DVD set (which will include "A Christmas Tale").
- Unknown dates
- The Michael J. Fox Show: The Complete 1st Season, which will include the show's "Christmas" episode, is planned for release on an unspecified date.
- Amazon.com is taking preorders for The Big Bang Theory: The Complete 8th Season (which includes "The Clean Room Infiltration") on DVD and Blu-ray.
Popular Christmas Specials
Popular Christmas Movies