Nicktoons 25th Anniversary
The Christmas Specials Wiki celebrates 25 years of Nickelodeon Animation!
Top 10 Christmas Specials
Wiki Entertainment staff's picks for the top 10 Christmas specials of all time.
Worst Christmas Specials
Wiki Entertainment staff's picks for the worst 10 Christmas specials of all time.
The True Meaning
Read about the true meaning of Christmas, according to Linus van Pelt.
"Merry Christmas, Kenan" is the Christmas episode of the Nickelodeon sitcom Kenan & Kel, produced and aired as the eleventh episode of the show's first season. It premiered on the same night as "Arnold's Christmas" and "O' Christmas Pete". The episode begins like all Kenan & Kel episodes, with Kenan and Kel appearing onstage to greet the audience. Kel tells the audience that tonight's episode is going to be special; when Kenan asks why that is, Kel responds that it's their Christmas show. Kenan remarks that it doesn't quite feel like Christmas, at which point Kel tells the special effects men to make it snow on the set, and then has someone bring in a one-horse open sleigh (without the horse, though, more resembling a rickshaw). Kenan takes off in the sleigh, saying that "this could be a very merry Christmas." Kel calls out for him to come back and then walks off, muttering his catch phrase, "Awwww, here it goes!", as the main story begins. (more)
- Freeform, the cable network formerly known as ABC Family, has announced their 25 Days of Christmas schedule for this year. Of note this year is that Santa Paws 2: The Santa Pups will make its Freeform network premiere.
- C. Martin Croker, best known for voicing Zorak and Moltar on Space Ghost Coast to Coast and its spin-offs, died on September 18th at the age of 54.
- Nickelodeon will premiere Albert, their first original animated made-for-TV Christmas movie, this holiday season.
- Jack Riley, the voice of Stu Pickles (Tommy and Dil Pickles' father) on Rugrats and All Grown Up!, died of pneumonia at the age of 80 on August 19th.
- Garry Marshall, who created Happy Days and its various spin-offs, and also developed the 1970s Odd Couple television series, died at the age of 81 on July 19th.
- Sesame Street is producing a new Christmas special, featuring guest appearances by Audra McDonald, Jim Gaffigan, and Zosia Mamet.
- Comcast, the parent company of NBC Universal, has purchased DreamWorks Animation for $3.8 billion, thus bringing such franchises as Shrek, Madagascar, Kung Fu Panda, How to Train Your Dragon, and the Classic Media library (which includes the works of Jay Ward, UPA, and pre-1973 Rankin/Bass) under NBC Universal's ownership.
- Walt Disney Animation Studios has announced a new holiday TV special spun off from Frozen, directed by Prep & Landing directors Kevin Deters and Stevie Wermers-Skelton. It will be premiering on ABC in the 2017 holiday season.
- Illumination Entertainment is working on an animated movie adaptation of How the Grinch Stole Christmas! that will be directed by Pete Candeland and will star Benedict Cumberbatch as the voice of the Grinch. It is scheduled for release on November 9, 2018.
Upcoming Video Releases
Popular Christmas Specials
Popular Christmas Movies