Disney TV Animation is 30!
We wish a happy 30th anniversary to Walt Disney Television Animation!
Top 10 Christmas Specials
Wiki Entertainment staff's picks for the top 10 Christmas specials of all time.
Worst Christmas Specials
Wiki Entertainment staff's picks for the worst 10 Christmas specials of all time.
The True Meaning
Read about the true meaning of Christmas, as quoted by Linus van Pelt.
"A Christmas Cruella" is the Christmas episode of 101 Dalmatians: The Series, and The Walt Disney Company's fourth adaptation of A Christmas Carol. It was originally broadcast on Disney's One Saturday Morning programming block on ABC on December 20, 1997. The episode opens at the Dearly Farm on Christmas Eve, where Nanny is busy wrapping presents. But meanwhile, at the House of De Vil, Cruella is making all of her employees work late. Anita tries to tell her that everyone has already finished their Christmas shopping, but Cruella insists there's a few last-minute shoppers left. Roger then arrives to pick up Anita, and he has brought along Lucky, whom he had to take to the vet because he got a pine needle stuck in his paw. Cruella orders Anita to get back to work, despite it being 6:00 PM. Anita says she'd really like to take Christmas off and spend it with her family, and Roger agrees with her, so Cruella fires her. Later that night, as Cruella is getting ready to go home, she passes by the giant mechanical Christmas tree that Jasper and Horace have been trying to set up in the lobby. She knocks away the ladder they're using, causing the tree to come toppling down and knock her unconscious. When she comes to, she finds that Jasper and Horace have disappeared and assumes they also left early. When she arrives at her mansion and has to go through its security scan, the security camera suddenly takes the shape of Horace and Jasper's heads, and she knocks it out with her purse, assuming she must be hallucinating from being hit on the head. When she gets ready for bed, Horace and Jasper suddenly appear in front of her as a two-headed ghost, singing to her that unless she changes her ways, she will suffer a cruel and horrible fate due to her greed. The Baduns tell her that she will be visited by three more ghosts and then leave. (more)
- A television special based on Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Cabin Fever is planned to premiere on FOX in the future.
- The Hallmark Channel has at least three new movies planned for next Christmas - Northpole 2, The Bridge, and Christmas Neverending.
- A movie titled The Christmas Pearl is in the works for Lifetime's Christmas line-up next year.
- Illumination Entertainment is working on an animated movie adaptation of How the Grinch Stole Christmas! that will be directed by Pete Candeland and is scheduled for release on November 27, 2017.
- Christine Cavanaugh, best known for roles such as Gosalyn Mallard from Darkwing Duck and the original voices of Chuckie Finster from Rugrats and Dexter from Dexter's Laboratory, passed away at the age of 55 of December 22nd.
- Rod Taylor, who played Frank Agretti on Falcon Crest (including its Christmas episode) died at the age of 84 on January 11th.
- Barrie Ingham, who played the mayor in the 1989 adaptation of The Tailor of Gloucester and was best known for voicing Basil in Disney's The Great Mouse Detective, died at the age of 82 on January 23rd.
- Gary Owens died at the age of 80 on February 12th. He voiced the reporter in "It's a Very Merry Eek's-Mas", but was more famously known as the announcer on Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In and providing voices for superheroes such as Batman, Space Ghost, Blue Falcon, Powdered Toast Man, and Badly Animated Man.
Upcoming Video Releases
- March 10th
- The Pee-Wee's Playhouse: Seasons 3, 4 & 5 DVD set (which contains Pee-wee's Playhouse Christmas Special) will be made available for those who didn't buy the Complete Series DVD or Blu-ray set.
- March 17th
- Shout! Factory is releasing a Complete Series DVD set for Maude (which will include "The Christmas Party", "Walter's Christmas Gift", and "Maude's Christmas Surprise").
- March 24th
- "Merry Christmas, Mr. Bean" will be featured on Shout! Factory's Mr. Bean - The Whole Bean: Remastered 25th Anniversary Collection DVD set.
- April 7th
- Olive Films is releasing DVD sets of King of the Hill's eighth and ninth seasons (which will contain "Livin' on Reds, Vitamin C and Propane" and "Ms. Wakefield", respectively).
- April 21st
- Shout! Factory is releasing The Nanny: The Complete Series DVD set (which will include the series' "Christmas Episode" and "Oy to the World").
- April 28th
- An individual DVD release of The Jeffersons: Season Seven (which contains "All I Want for Christmas" is coming from Shout! Factory.
- May 26th
- Shout! Factory will release an individual DVD set of Welcome Back, Kotter: The Complete Third Season (including "A Sweathog Christmas Special").
- Unknown dates
- The Michael J. Fox Show: The Complete 1st Season, which will include the show's "Christmas" episode, is planned for release on an unspecified date.
- Amazon.com is taking preorders for The Big Bang Theory: The Complete 8th Season (which includes "The Clean Room Infiltration").
Popular Christmas Specials
Popular Christmas Movies