Top 10 Christmas Specials
Wiki Entertainment staff's picks for the top 10 Christmas specials of all time.
Worst Christmas Specials
Wiki Entertainment staff's picks for the worst 10 Christmas specials of all time.
The True Meaning
Read about the true meaning of Christmas, according to Linus van Pelt.
Other Holiday Specials
Visit our sister wiki, the Other Holiday Specials Wiki.
"Jingle Bell Rock" is the Christmas episode of the Marvel Animation television series Guardians of the Galaxy, and also the show's first season finale. It premiered on Disney XD on December 17, 2016. The episode opens on the Guardians of the Galaxy in hot pursuit of a Kallusian named Altru on the planet Knowhere. As Rocket Raccoon, accompanied by Groot, tries firing at the fugitive, Cosmo the telepathic dog tells him it'd be better if they did not make such a mess trying to catch this fugitive. Gamora calls the Star-Lord, Peter Quill, to ask if he's caught up with Altru, but they don't get an answer. Quill, as it turns out, is preoccupied with looking in a store window and flashes back to a Christmas in his youth when he wanted a sled. Suddenly, Altru comes up behind him and tries to take Quill's gun. In the ensuing scuffle, one of the atmosphere plugs gets blown away and Quill gets sucked into the hole, plugging it up. Altru, seizing Quill's weapon, says he doesn't want any trouble, only to find the other Guardians right in front of him. Quill magnetizes his weapon back to him, and Groot nabs Altru when he tries to escape. After Cosmo seals the breach and gets Quill out of the hole, Quill proceeds to take Altru away, though his fellow Guardians are wondering why he was doing such a sloppy job trying to catch the crook. Cosmo tells them that he just read Quill's mind; the Star-Lord is thinking about Christmas, as it was a special day for him in his youth. (more)
- British actor Roger Moore died at the age of 89 on May 23rd. Best known for having played James Bond from 1973 to 1985, he also appeared as Edward, the Duke of Castlebury in A Princess for Christmas.
- DHX Media has acquired Iconix Brand Group's entertainment brands, including 80% stake of Peanuts Worldwide (the other 20% remains in the ownership of Charles M. Schulz Creative Associates), thus bringing Peanuts under the same corporate umbrella as the Cookie Jar Group and DiC Entertainment libraries.
- Eric Moran, who played Joanie Cunningham on Happy Days and its spin-off Joanie Loves Chachi, died at the age of 56 on April 22nd.
- Walt Disney Animation Studios is working on Olaf's Frozen Adventure, a new holiday TV special spun off from Frozen, directed by Prep & Landing directors Kevin Deters and Stevie Wermers-Skelton. It will be premiering on ABC in the 2017 holiday season.
- Illumination Entertainment is working on an animated movie adaptation of How the Grinch Stole Christmas! that will be directed by Pete Candeland and will star Benedict Cumberbatch as the voice of the Grinch. It is scheduled for release on November 9, 2018.
Upcoming Video Releases
- Archie's Weird Mysteries: The Complete Series (re-release; includes "The Christmas Phantom")
- Where on Earth is Carmen Sandiego: The Complete Series (re-release; includes "Just Like Old Times")
- The Jamie Foxx Show: The Complete Third Season (includes "Christmas Day-Ja Vu")
- Power Rangers Dino Super Charge: The Complete Season (includes "Here Comes Heximas!")
Popular Christmas Specials
Popular Christmas Movies