Is your favorite Christmas special airing this year? Check out our TV schedule!
Top 10 Christmas Specials
Wiki Entertainment staff's picks for the top 10 Christmas specials of all time.
Worst Christmas Specials
Wiki Entertainment staff's picks for the worst 10 Christmas specials of all time.
The True Meaning
Read about the true meaning of Christmas, according to Linus van Pelt.
Elf is an American Christmas comedy film directed by Jon Favreau, written by David Berenbaum, and starring Will Ferrell, James Caan, Bob Newhart, Ed Asner, and Zooey Deschanel. It was released in the United States on November 7, 2003, and grossed over $220,400,000 worldwide. A baby crawls into Santa Claus' sack while he is delivering toys to an orphanage one Christmas Eve. He unwittingly takes the baby back to the North Pole, where Papa Elf volunteers to raise him. He is named William, but they rename him Buddy because he was wearing 'Little Buddy Diapers'. He is raised unaware that he is actually a human, until his enormous size and poor toy-making abilities force Papa Elf to tell him the truth. He reveals that Buddy was born to Walter Hobbs and Susan Wells and given up for adoption, and that Walter never knew that he was born. He explains how Susan later died, and that Walter now works at a children's book company in New York City. Santa tells Buddy that Walter is on "the naughty list"; nevertheless, he sets out for New York to find him. (more...)
- CBS will air a colorized version of the I Love Lucy Christmas Special on December 20th.
- ABC Family has now officially announced their line-up for this year's 25 Days of Christmas. New films this year include Holidaze starring Jennie Garth, the WWE Studios film Christmas Bounty with Mike "The Miz" Mizerin, and holiday-themed episodes of Melissa & Joey and Baby Daddy, plus the network's premiere of Deck the Halls.
- ABC will air the reality competition The Great Christmas Light Fight (formerly titled Lights, Camera, Christmas) during the month of December.
- NBC is producing an animated Christmas special for next year titled How Murray Saved Christmas, based on the best-selling children's book of the same name by Mike Reiss.
- FOX will be airing new Christmas episodes of The Simpsons and Family Guy - "White Christmas Blues" (notably one of the last Simpsons episodes that was written by Don Payne, who passed away in March) and "Christmas Guy", respectively.
- Ion Television will premiere five new made-for-TV movies - Defending Santa, My Santa, Holiday Road Trip, Christmas Belle, and All I Want for Christmas.
- The Hub Network is premiering Christmas-themed episodes of their original series Spooksville and The Aquabats! Super Show!, titled "The No-Ones" and "Christmas with The Aquabats!", respectively. In addition, Family Game Night will run a special holiday-themed broadcast on December 1st.
- The Disney Channel is kicking off its "Fa-la-la-lidays" programming event with Good Luck Jessie: NYC Christmas, a special hour-length crossover between Jessie and Good Luck Charlie, on November 29th. New Christmas episodes of Liv and Maddie, Austin & Ally, A.N.T. Farm, and Dog With a Blog will also be premiering.
- The Hallmark Channel has eleven new Christmas movies expected to premiere this year - The Christmas Spirit, Santa Switch, Fir Crazy (originally announced for last year), The Christmas Ornament, Let It Snow, A Very Merry Mix Up, Catching a Christmas Star, Cedar Cove Christmas, Pete's Christmas, Finding Christmas, and Window Wonderland. The Hallmark Movie Channel will also be premiering a movie titled Christmas with Tucker.
- Lifetime will premiere three new Christmas movies - Papa Noel, The Twelve Trees of Christmas, and A Dollywood Christmas.
- Up TV (formerly known as GMC) has announced two holiday titles for the 2013 holiday season - Guess Who's Coming to Christmas, starring Drew Lachey, and Silver Bells, with Bruce Boxleitner (already available on DVD and Blu-ray).
- Marcia Wallace, the voice of Edna Krabappel from The Simpsons (including two of its Christmas episodes), died of pneumonia on October 25th.
- Danny Wells, the actor who portrayed Charlie the bartender on The Jeffersons and Luigi on The Super Mario Bros. Super Show! (including their Christmas episodes), passed away at the age of 72 on November 28th.
Upcoming Video Releases
- A Garfield Christmas Special is now available on iTunes and Amazon Instant Video.
- "Holidays of Future Passed" made its home video debut as a bonus feature on The Simpsons: The Sixteenth Season DVD and Blu-ray sets.
- An All Dogs Christmas Carol has been released on a bonus disc in the All Dogs Go to Heaven: The Complete Series DVD set.
- The Family Guy: Volume 12 DVD set, which contains "Jesus, Mary and Joseph!", will be released.
- Shout! Factory's V.R. Troopers: Season Two, Volume Two DVD set, which contains "Santa's Secret Trooper", will be released.
- The Pinky, Elmyra and the Brain: The Complete Series DVD set, which contains "Yule Be Sorry", will be released.
- The Family Matters: The Complete 4th Season DVD set, which will include "It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Urkel", will be released.
- The Joanie Loves Chachi: The Complete Series DVD set, which will include the series' "Christmas Show", will be released.
- The individual Power Rangers Zeo: Volume 2 DVD set, which will include "A Season to Remember", will be released.
- "Holly Jolly Secrets" will be made available on the Adventure Time: The Complete Third Season DVD and Blu-ray sets.
- "Christmas Help" will be featured on The Middle: Season 4 DVD set.
- Day 1: Who wrote the original Christmas Every Day short story?
- Day 2: In Inspector Gadget Saves Christmas, why did Dr. Claw want to ruin Santa's reputation?
- Day 3: Which of the special guests in Lady Gaga & the Muppets' Holiday Spectacular previously appeared as a guest star on The Muppet Show?
- Day 4: What famous Christmas song was used in the original broadcast version of "Koopa Klaus"?
- Day 5: Which song from Mister Magoo's Christmas Carol was included on the album Nick at Nite: A Classic Cartoon Christmas, Too?
- Day 6: L. Frank Baum, the writer of The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus, is best known for writing what classic piece of literature?
- Day 7: What is the name of the tall, glasses-wearing elf from Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer?
- Day 8: Which one of the Flintstones Christmas specials is the only one in which Fred Flintstone does not dress as Santa Claus?
- Day 9: Who performed "Put a Little Love in Your Heart" as the ending credits theme to Scrooged?
- Day 10: In "The Santa Experience", what was the most important item on Angelica Pickles' wish list?