Top 10 Christmas Specials
Wiki Entertainment staff's picks for the top 10 Christmas specials of all time.
Worst Christmas Specials
Wiki Entertainment staff's picks for the worst 10 Christmas specials of all time.
The True Meaning
Read about the true meaning of Christmas, according to Linus van Pelt.
Other Holiday Specials
Visit our sister wiki, the Other Holiday Specials Wiki.
Die Hard is a 1988 American action film directed by John McTiernan and written by Steve de Souza and Jeb Stuart, based on the 1979 novel Nothing Lasts Forever by Roderick Thorp, the sequel to Thorp's 1966 novel The Detective, which itself had been adapted into a 1968 film of the same name starring Frank Sinatra. Fox was contractually obligated to offer Sinatra the lead role in Die Hard, but he turned it down and the film was instead pitched as a sequel to the 1985 action film Commando starring Arnold Schwarzenegger. When Schwarzenegger also turned it down, the film was pitched to, and rejected by, a host of the era's action stars before Willis was chosen. The studio did not have faith in Willis' action star appeal, as at the time he was known for his comedic role on television. Made on a $28 million budget, Die Hard went on to gross over $140 million theatrically worldwide, and was praised by critics. The film turned Willis into an action star, and became a frequent comparison for other action films featuring a lone hero fighting overwhelming odds. The film's success spawned the Die Hard franchise, which includes four sequels, video games, and a comic book. (more)
- On June 14th, AT&T officially acquired Time Warner (the parent company of Warner Bros., DC Comics, Hanna-Barbera, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, and HBO), which has now changed its name to WarnerMedia.
- The Countdown to the 25 Days of Christmas, Freeform's annual programming event for late November, is being retitled as Kick-Off to Christmas this year.
- R. Lee Ermey, actor and former United States Marine Corps staff sergeant, died from pneumonia at the age of 74 on April 15th. Best known for his role as Gunnery Sergeant Hartman in Full Metal Jacket, he was frequently cast as numerous authority figures, such as Sarge from Toy Story, and Lt. "Tice" Ryan on Rocket Power (including its Christmas episode).
- The Grinch (theaters)
- Christmas at Graceland (Hallmark Channel)
- The Christmas Contract (Lifetime)
- Christmas for Keeps (Hallmark Movies & Mysteries)
- Christmas Hours (Lifetime)
- Christmas Joy (Hallmark Channel)
- Christmas on the Coast (INSP)
- It's Christmas, Eve (Hallmark Channel)
- Klaus (Netflix)
- Lights, Camera, Christmas (Hallmark Channel)
- Marrying Father Christmas (Hallmark Movies & Mysteries)
- Pride and Prejudice and Mistletoe (Hallmark Channel)
- A Shoe Addict's Christmas (Hallmark Channel)
- A Very Nutty Christmas (Lifetime)
Upcoming Video Releases
Popular Christmas Specials
Popular Christmas Movies