National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation 2: Cousin Eddie's Island Adventure is an American made-for-TV comedy movie. It premiered December 20, 2003 on NBC. It is a sequel to National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, although it is more of a spin-off than a direct chapter in the National Lampoon's Vacation series, because the main stars (Chevy Chase and Beverly D'Angelo) from the original films do not appear. It instead stars Randy Quaid and Miriam Flynn, reprising their roles as Cousin Eddie and Catherine.
This was the last Vacation series film to-date to be linked to the National Lampoon name, although Warner Bros. still holds the trademark for the National Lampoon's Vacation franchise name and its characters.
The story begins with Cousin Eddie at his latest workplace, a nuclear facility where he "works" alongside a monkey. When it outperforms him in every test (specifically mental agility), the decision is made to fire him. Upon finding out the news, they get into an argument which results in it biting him.
With Christmas approaching, Eddie is worried about what this job loss will mean for him and his family and he decides to talk to his former boss. Although the thought never occurs to him, the nuclear company is convinced that he will sue. As a preemptive countermeasure, they offer him and his family (along with Audrey Griswold and his Uncle Nick) a free vacation to an island in the South Pacific. While on holiday they take a trip on a boat. While he attempts to catch a shark, they get lost and eventually shipwrecked on an isolated island.
Eventually Eddie is able to prove himself a man by providing for his family and they all celebrate Christmas together on the island. Shortly after, they are rescued.
- Randy Quaid - Eddie Johnson
- Miriam Flynn - Catherine Johnson
- Dana Barron - Audrey Griswold, who tags along after dumping her married boyfriend, Daniel, reprising her role from National Lampoon's Vacation
- Ed Asner - Uncle Nick, Eddie's uncle who tagged along after his wife leaves him
- Beverly Garland - Aunt Jessica
- Sung Hi Lee - Muka Luka Miki, their around the island guide
- Jake Thomas - Clark "Third" Johnson, Eddie and Catherine's pubescent son
- Julian Stone - Melbourne Jack, the sea pilot
- Eric Idle - A passenger on the plane, reprising his role from European Vacation
Eddie and Catherine's children
- Daisy Mabel
- Ruby Sue
- Clark W. III ("Third"), named after Clark Griswold
- National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation 2: Cousin Eddie's Island Adventure at the Internet Movie Database
content from Wikipedia (view authors).