|“||Better to give? That's hard to believe.||”|
— WC Fields as Scrooge, blowing off the advice of Jimmy Stewart as Dick Wilkins
Rich Little's Christmas Carol is a 1978 TV special made for HBO.
The special starred impersonator Rich Little in a one-man performance, playing all the parts from Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol in the voices of famous actors.
Little played the following:
- W.C. Fields as Ebenezer Scrooge
- Paul Lynde as Bob Cratchit
- Johnny Carson as Fred
- Laurel and Hardy as the two solicitors
- Richard Nixon as Jacob Marley
- Humphrey Bogart as The Ghost of Christmas Past
- Groucho Marx as Fezziwig
- James Stewart as Dick Wilkins
- Peter Falk as Columbo as The Ghost of Christmas Present
- Jean Stapleton as Edith Bunker as Mrs. Cratchit
- Truman Capote as Tiny Tim
- Peter Sellers as Inspector Clouseau as The Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come
- James Mason, George Burns and John Wayne as the three businessmen
- Jack Benny as a boy
This special is available on a DVD set along with Rich Little's similar themed retelling of Robin Hood, released in 2007.