Rowlf the Dog is a Muppet character created by Jim Henson. He first appeared in 1962 in a series of Purina Dog Chow commercials, but later reached national stardom as Jimmy Dean's sidekick on The Jimmy Dean Show from 1963 to 1966. Afterwards, he went on to serve as the resident piano player on The Muppet Show.
Appearances in Christmas specials
- John Denver and the Muppets: A Christmas Together - The first Christmas special in which Rowlf appears features him and John Denver singing "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas". The duet was also featured on the companion album.
- A Muppet Family Christmas - In this 1987 special, Rowlf chases the Muppets' truck all the way to Emily Bear's house. Once there, Rowlf makes himself at home, communicating with Sprocket, playing "Sleigh Ride" on Emily's out-of-tune piano (which is cut from the NTSC video releases, due to Henson only securing the music rights for television), and joining in the festivities.
- The Muppet Christmas Carol - Rowlf makes a silent cameo appearance in the movie; he is shown playing the piano during Fozziwig's Christmas party.
- It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie
- A Muppets Christmas: Letters to Santa
- Lady Gaga & the Muppets' Holiday Spectacular
- "Single All the Way"
|This article about a character from either a Christmas movie, television episodic series or special with a Christmas theme is a stub. Please help to expand this article in the Christmas Specials Wikia.|