- Isabella: Phineas, who's Randolph?
- Phineas: I have no idea.
- --The end of the song as heard on Phineas and Ferb Holiday Favorites
"Run, Rudolph, Run" (sometimes referred to as "Run, Run, Rudolph") is a Christmas song popularized by Chuck Berry. It was written by Johnny Marks and Marvin Brodie and published by St. Nicholas Music (ASCAP). The song was first recorded by Berry in 1958 and released as Chess Records 1714. It hit #69 in the Billboard Hot 100.
Even though the song was written by Johnny Marks and Marvin Brodie and published by Johnny Marks' publishing company, St. Nicholas Music, the 1958 45 rpm has the song as written by "C. Berry Music & M. Brodie". The thought was to cover up the known Christmas songwriter Johnny Marks from hip R&B DJs and buyers. The song was subsequently officially always listed as written by Johnny Marks and Marvin Brodie and published by St. Nicholas Music (ASCAP). All cover versions of the song show the composers as Johnny Marks and Marvin Brodie and the publisher as St. Nicholas Music.
The song was covered by Conan O'Brien along with Jimmy Viviano and the Basic Cable Band, Emily Osment, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Sister Hazel, Billy Ray Cyrus, Five Easy Pieces, Jo Jo Zep & The Falcons, Dave Edmunds, Hanson, Sheryl Crow, Bryan Adams, Lulu, Click Five, The Grateful Dead, Keith Richards, Brinsley Schwarz, Jimmy Buffett, Foghat, Paul Brandt, The Tractors, Dwight Yoakam, Reverend Horton Heat, Hanoi Rocks, Billy Idol, Luke Bryan, Brian Setzer Orchestra, Joe Perry, Los Lonely Boys, Kelly Clarkson, the cast of Broadway's Million Dollar Quartet, The Yobs, Vincent Martella (as his character, Phineas Flynn, from Phineas and Ferb), Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem from The Muppet Show, as well as a one-off supergroup consisting of Lemmy Kilmister, Billy Gibbons, and Dave Grohl for the 2008 album We Wish You a Metal Xmas and a Headbanging New Year.
- Out of all the reindeer you know you're the mastermind
- Run, run Rudolph, Randolph's not too far behind
- Run, run Rudolph, Santa's got to make it to town
- Santa make him hurry, he can take the freeway down
- Run, run Rudolph, whizzing like a merry-go-round
- Said Santa to a boy child "What have you been longing for?"
- "All I want for Christmas is a Rock and Roll electric guitar"
- And away went Rudolph a whizzing like a shooting star
- Said Santa to a girl child "What would you like most to get?"
- "A little baby doll that can cry, drink, sleep and wet"
- And away went Rudolph a whizzing like a Saber jet
- Run, run Rudolph, run, run Rudolph yeah...
- Run, run Rudolph, run, run Rudolph, run, run Rudolph
- Santa Claus is coming to town
Appearances in Christmas specials
- Home Alone
- Jingle All the Way
- The Santa Clause 2
- Stealing Christmas
- Deck the Halls
- Good Luck Charlie, It's Christmas!
- "The 23rd"
content from Wikipedia (view authors).