This article is about the 2001 Rankin/Bass special. For the 2006 ABC Family Original Movie, see Santa Baby.
Santa, Baby! is a 2001 animated holiday special that aired on the Fox network. It was Rankin/Bass' first new original Christmas special in over sixteen years (their previous holiday production was the 1985 special The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus), and the only one produced after the liquidation of their animation department. Like many past Rankin/Bass specials, Santa Baby was based on a popular Christmas song. The Special featured the voices of Eartha Kitt and Gregory Hines. Like much of Rankin/Bass' specials, it was based off a song, in this case, the 1954 song originally recorded by Kitt and covered in A Very Special Christmas by Madonna in 1986.
When a little girl uses her wish from a Christmas partridge to help her dad over his song-writing slump, he finds his inspiration and even gives the real Santa Claus a helping hand!
- Santa Baby (Eartha Solo)
- Jingle Bells
- Deck the Halls
- Heart and Soul of Christmas (Reprise)
- We Wish You a Merry Christmas
- Silent Night
- Santa Baby (Trio Version)
- Every Time I See a Santa
- God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
- Pick Me!
- Heart and Soul of Christmas
- Santa Baby (Club Mix)
- Co-writer Suzanne Collins would later go on to write the New York Times Bestselling book series, The Hunger Games.
- This is the only Rankin/Bass Christmas special to use Hanna-Barbera sound effects.
- Gregory Hines and Kianna Underwood also voiced relatives in the TV series Little Bill as Big Bill and Fuchsia, respectively, only being uncle and niece.
|Patti LaBelle||Melody Songbird|