Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Statler and Waldorf are a pair of characters who originally appeared in the television series The Muppet Show. They are two disagreeable old men who share the left balcony box in the Muppet Theater and delight in heckling every aspect of The Muppet Show, especially Fozzie Bear's attempts at comedy. They always have the last word, with a final comment at the end of each episode.
Appearances in Christmas specials
- John Denver and the Muppets: A Christmas Together
- A Muppet Family Christmas - In this 1987 TV special, it is revealed that they are friends of Fozzie's mother. Fozzie and his new partner, a snowman, try to perform their comedy act, but Statler and Waldorf heckle their performance. Later, during the caroling medley, they sing the first verse of "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day" (however, due to Henson only securing music rights for the televised broadcasts, this is cut from the US video releases).
- The Muppet Christmas Carol - In this adaptation of Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol, Statler and Waldorf portray the ghosts of Ebenezer Scrooge's deceased business partners, Jacob and Robert Marley. They sing the song "Marley and Marley" where they lament their suffering and warn Scrooge of what he will face.
- It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie
- A Muppets Christmas: Letters to Santa
- Lady Gaga & the Muppets' Holiday Spectacular
- Statler and Waldorf's bio on Disney.com
- Muppet Wiki: Statler and Waldorf
- Disney Wiki: Statler and Waldorf
|This article about a character from either a Christmas movie, television episodic series or special with a Christmas theme is a stub. Please help to expand this article in the Christmas Specials Wikia.|