|Directed by:||Paul Hoen|
|Written by:|| Jed Einhoff|
|Release date:||December 9, 2012|
|Running time:||1 hour, 31 minutes|
The Mistle-tones is a made-for-TV movie musical that premiered on December 9, 2012 as part of ABC Family's 25 Days of Christmas.
Holly is excited to audition for the Snow Belles, a Christmas-themed pop group founded by her mother. However, lead Belles singer Marci denies Holly a chance to audition when she shows up late. Nevertheless, Holly takes to the stage and delivers a sensational audition and is upset when Marci passes her over in favor of Staci. Holly is depressed about being turned down, even after her sister suggests she start her own group.
Soon, though, Holly begins to see merit in the idea and decides to ask the manager of the local mall if she can perform at the local Christmas Eve celebration. The manager decides to hold auditions and a competition as a publicity stunt and agrees to let Holly's group into the show. Holly recruits a group of her coworkers including her best friend, AJ, large and lovable Larry, and the shy HR manager, Bernice. they begin rehearsals in the company warehouse and, while the others are pleased with their first rehearsal, Holly thinks they need something more.
Later that evening, Holly skids off the road while driving home and crashes into a snowbank. While waiting on a tow truck, she seeks shelter in a nearby tavern and is shocked to discover her boss, the normally uptight and goal-oriented Nick, is a crowd favorite on the karaoke stage due to his energy and stage presence. Holly records his performance and uses it to blackmail him into helping her turn the group into solid competition for the Snow Belles. At first, Nick is reluctantto assist, especially since it takes time away from work and a major promotion he is vying for. Eventually, he begins to warm to the group and even joins in performing during rehearsals. This also draws him closer to Holly as it becomes more evident that they are attracted to one another. After some brief deliberation, Holly names the group the Mistle-Tones.
Having seen a video of the group's performance, Marci begins to see Holly as a potential threat and offers her a spot in the Belles to ensure the Mistle-Tones won't compete. Holly confides in Nick that she is considering the offer and begins to tell the others at their office Christmas party. Nick, however, interrupts her by singing "Winter Wonderland" and leading the group in an impromptu performance. Afterwards, Nick tells Holly that the Mistle-Tones are her group and they need her. Holly agrees to turn down the Belles and perform at the auuditions with the Mistle-Tones if Nick will join them. Nick agrees and the two kiss, beginning a relationship. However, Nick receives a call from a company executive telling him that he got the promotion he wanted and he needs to leave right away.
The next night at the audition, the group observe some of the other acts competing while waiting for Nick to arrive. they soon realize he isn't coming and go onstage without him. The performance goes well but is upstaged by the arrival of the Belles mid-performance. The audience ignores the rest of the Mistle-Tones' song and the Belles go on to win the audition. Holly becomes despondent at the loss, but her father reminds her that her mother used to enjoy simply singing and that she used to end every show by singing onstage to Holly.
The next evening at the Christmas Eve show, Holly wishes the Belles a Merry Christmas but cannot bring herself to stay for the show. She goes for a walk and is soon drawn to a nearby street where the Mistle-Tones are performing, led by Nick. Nick reveals that he turned down the promotion, realising that he wanted to be with Holly. He begs her to sing with him and she agrees, dueting with Nick as the town and the Snow Belles enjoy the show.
- Tia Mowry-Hardict as Holly, a woman with an amazing singing voice and the protagonist
- Tori Spelling as Marci, the leader of the Snow Belles and the main antagonist
- Reginald VelJohnson as Holly's dad
- Tammy Townsend
- Jonathan Patrick Moore as Nick, Holly's boss who is secretly a singer. When Holly discovers this, she blackmails him into joining the group, which he ultimately does.
- Jason Rogel as Larry, the productions worker at Ridgefield International Resources, who is friends with Holly.
- Megan Kathleen Duffy as Bernie, the chief of human resources at Holly's workplace.
- Andy Gala
A soundtrack was released on November 18, 2012 on iTunes, with the following track list:
- Jingle Bells Medley - Tia Mowery-Hardict
- O Holy Night - Tia Mowery-Hardict
- The Twelve Days of Christmas - The Mistle-tones and The Snowbelles
- Burnin' Love - Jonathon Patrick Moore
- Joy to the World - The Mistle-tones
- Winter Wonderland - The Mistle-tones
- Deck the Halls Medely - The Chest-Notes, LudaKrisKringle, The Tinsel Tweens
- All I Want For Christmas Is You - The Snowbelles
- Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) - The Mistle-Tones
The Mistle-tones premiered in the number 1 spot across multiple demographics in its time slot, making it ABC Family's third most watched original movie in the 25 Days of Christmas event among the younger female demographic. “The Mistle-Tones: (Sun., 8:00 – 10:00 p.m.) ranked as cable TV’s #1 telecast in the time period in Adults 18-34 (765,000), Women 18-34 (603,000), Adults 18-49 (1.4 million), Women 18-49 (1.1 million), Viewers 12-34 (1.3 million) and Females 12-34 (1.0 million)."
- ↑ http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/12/11/abc-family-delivers-its-number-1-most-watched-week-in-prime-on-record-in-total-viewers-and-across-all-target-18-34-18-49-and-12-34-demos/161289/
content from Wikipedia (view authors).